Author Topic: LTUE Get Together  (Read 34794 times)

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
Re: LTUE Get Together
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2006, 12:32:19 PM »
Games it is, then.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2006, 03:46:49 PM »
I wasn't trying to say that it had to be, I was just saying that I don't have any suggestions of what else to do.  
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2006, 11:43:51 PM »
Here's the deal.

Ari gets in on the 16th (and is here for about 10 days).  We're going to be unavailable the 16th, though.  Friday (the 17th) is probably good for now; give me a head's up.

When is LTUE taking place?  Where can I go for more info?  Does any of it require pre-registration?

Anything else I should know?
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2006, 12:04:58 AM »
LTUE info is here:

http://www.ltue.org/

No preregistration required--it's a totally free BYU symposium Thursday through Saturday.

Looks like Friday night it is, though we still don't know what we're doing or where.  We could potentially meet at my place--no one will mind and I have quite a bit of space--but unfortunately I have a shortage of places to sit, which would cause problems.  
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2006, 07:30:14 AM »
its good that people come with portable cushions permenantly attached to their backsides.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2006, 11:14:12 AM »
Is everyone invited to this, or is it something exclusive? (I mean the get-together, not LTUE.) Incidentally, why isn't it LTUAE? Or LUE? Or even LTU&E? Seems like "and" is being discriminated against. ;)

The '&' is definitely being discriminated against. Nothing personal though...it's policy. The word 'and' is clearly superior, but its long length makes it feel superior to acronyms and it chooses to be excluded.

All these dates are February dates, right?
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2006, 02:22:35 PM »
Yup, yup.  Not this weekend but next weekend, so be exact.  

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2006, 06:38:58 PM »
If we do end up playing some games again I might be able to snag Arkham Horror from my brothers. It's a new-to-me probably new-in-general game based on Call of Chtulu and the like, and the one time I played it, it was entertaining.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 06:39:35 PM by Prometheus »
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2006, 07:25:49 PM »
Arkham Horror is awesome. It's also a cooperative game which allows for more chatting.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2006, 08:07:31 PM »
I can drag along Puerto Rico if anyone's intersted.
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2006, 03:55:52 AM »
I want to play something I can write a column about.   ;D

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2006, 06:56:10 AM »
Arkham horror is awesome...!
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2006, 10:47:30 PM »
So, we're green for this Sat?
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2006, 01:47:50 AM »
No, for Friday night. I'll have to head back to Seattle right after my last panel on Saturday--flight something like 8pm or something. Speaking of which, OldOne has kindly said she could pick me up from the airport on Wed. Is there anyone who would be willing to take me back Saturday?
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2006, 02:12:16 AM »
Right, and JadeKnight, you said you can't do Saturday.  

EUOL, Fell, are you guys changing your writing group?  Are you coming Tage?  (IE, are we going to have it at your place or are we all going to sit on my floor, since that's the only place that's been volunteered so far.)