Author Topic: New Local Authors  (Read 11495 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
New Local Authors
« on: January 30, 2006, 08:01:51 PM »
You may have noticed two new authors in our Local Authors thread. Very few authors can support a forum community all on their own--there's just not that much to say--and we think that bringing them all together  in a sort of author portal will help make that more feasible. Each author is Overlord of his or her own section, and we hope they are able to fill it with fans (and that the fans will trickle over and start reading the other authors).

I realize that despite our best intentions, this may inadvertently result in some newbies joining the site. I apologize in advance, and I urge you to get over yourselves and deal with it. Also, know that I love you, and that I really like that shirt. Is it new?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: New Local Authors
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 11:31:28 PM »
No it's not a new shirt, I just wear it for special occasions.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 12:14:04 AM »
This shirt was dyed with newbie blood and tears. Your flattery will get you nowhere.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 12:46:31 AM »
And the ad for this page is "Gourmet Steak Gifts." After Archon's comment, are you as disturbed as I am?

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 10:51:03 AM »
Goodness! Well, maybe the tides are changing, though. The ad I see for this page is slightly more inviting: "Unique Housewarming Gift." I think we know what this means: the newbs will shower us with goodies! I can live with that. ;D
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 06:38:39 PM »
Really? I thought it meant that I had a "Unique Housewarming Gift" for the newbies, but I suppose yours would work too.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 06:39:02 PM by Archon »
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 07:53:21 PM »
yes they must bring us gifts precious.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!