Author Topic: Broken link  (Read 7611 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Broken link
« on: March 08, 2003, 08:46:12 PM »
Fellfrosch : in the Heroclix Review, the link to the Mordheim review is broken. its roughly half way down.   :)
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Broken link
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2003, 09:44:12 PM »
Thanks, I'll get on that.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

stacer

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2003, 07:30:09 PM »
Not to constantly be Ms. Editor, but entropy, it's "weirdo" not "wierdo". Thought you might like to know that.  ;D

...Och, but those Scots, maybe they even spell that differently.  ;)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2003, 12:24:10 PM »
poo.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Lord_of_Me

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2003, 12:43:27 PM »
you complain about scottish spelling when you write "Ms. Editor"?

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2003, 01:29:05 PM »
^_^ Ismir that is legit spelling as far as i am aware. Ms. is short for Miss in case you forgot *nodnod*

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2003, 03:28:25 PM »
Actually, Ms. is the modern version of the feminine title, created in the 60s or 70s (I'm not sure which) because both Mrs. and Miss noted marital status. Ms. (prounounced "Miz") is just like Mr. in that it carries no marital information.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2003, 03:30:58 PM »
The link should work now, by the way.

stacer

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2003, 01:50:39 AM »
I'm confused--what's the big deal about "Ms."?  ???

Is it because I put it with editor? Is there a feminine form of editor I don't know about?  :-/  I really am confused--not taking offense, just baffled. Do you think I should have used Miss?

And I was just teasing about Scottish spelling. I have a fond place in my heart for Scotland--just went there in November, remember?  8)  Don't hate me because I can't resist correcting spelling errors. Most times I really really try to resist....
« Last Edit: March 12, 2003, 01:59:10 AM by stacer »

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2003, 02:47:30 AM »
I expect the problem is that Isimir didn't recognize Ms., and thought you intended to say Mrs. I guess we'll have to wait until he posts to find out.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2003, 08:15:14 AM »

And I was just teasing about Scottish spelling. I have a fond place in my heart for Scotland--just went there in November, remember?

Aha, yet another foolish foreignor falls into our cunning masterplan MWAHAHAHAHA!

Ahem.

Fellfrosch

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2003, 02:58:13 PM »
Both the Ents of Fangorn and the Helms deep reviews point to the helms deep review.

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2003, 03:12:09 PM »
I've been trying to post that Ents of Fangorn review for two days now, and I'm starting to think our system is screwed up. Thanks for the note, I'll look into it again.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2003, 03:24:37 PM »
Yes, something is definitely screwy. It won't let me post any new articles, and any new links it creates end up pointing at Helm's Deep. Maybe the website really liked that article.

Anyway, Tage is going to look at it when he gets back from lunch. Or so he claims....

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2003, 05:31:23 PM »
It wasn't my site's fault! Or at least, not entirely. There were some different quote marks in the review that were screwing up the SQL. Apparently they weren't using the same ASCII number as the ones my "escape_quotes" function catches, and thus slipped through and jammed the works, as it were. Anyway, a little search-and-replacing did the trick.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."