Author Topic: Anyone up for Gaming?  (Read 9185 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Anyone up for Gaming?
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2006, 12:47:41 PM »
I'd really like to do it this weekend, but I just can't make it work. Relay for Life could be good, but people might be coming and going and making it difficult. Still, it's worth a shot.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2006, 09:56:56 PM »
no those would be peanut butter M&M's, the ones with soild peanuts and chocolate are peanut M&M's and M&M's are filled with Mars Chocolate.

Dang, they bring in chocolate from Mars?! No wonder those things taste so good. They really are out of this world!
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2006, 10:13:40 PM »
rofl
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2006, 06:36:49 AM »
So I'm going to try and run a session during the Run for Life get together. Not going to make any guaruntees that it will happen depending on what else is going on. I figure I can handle up to 6 players.

For those who don't know about it. Mutants and Masterminds lets you create just about any kind of superhero you can imagine (seriously, any kind). So think of ideas.

The current adventure set-up will be in modern day Armenia. The heroes have been (will be) sent there to help out with a delicate diplomatic situation. I suspect that this will follow the general super-hero plot of: something strange is happening, the heroes investigate, meet the big bad, and finally smack down big bad. And some other stuff might happen too.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

mockman

• Level 3
  • the last dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2006, 08:27:14 AM »
The mockman would wish to join your team of heroes.When and where? and what are the rules?
say what again?

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2006, 08:59:05 AM »
For the event see this thread: Run for Life

To best explain the rules read the reviews of Mutants and Masterminds 1st and 2nd edition in the RPG department. (You know, the stuff outside of the forum)
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2006, 12:46:26 PM »
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2006, 10:24:05 PM »
Is it okay to bring an already-made character?
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2006, 10:33:24 PM »
Last week that is what we did, Spriggan made a char and I fixed up my guy we played last time.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2006, 10:42:28 PM »
"Fixed up?"
Does my guy need to be "fixed up?" (Besides having more allegiances.)

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2006, 10:46:48 PM »
pre-mades are acceptable. Fixed or otherwise.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2006, 12:44:17 AM »
Fixed up meaning I tossed out his magic, changed his emotion control into a gaze attack that is love (ie charm) for his human form and fear for his demon form.  And I got his morph power working how I wanted, incidentally now he can take any human form like Mystique from the Xmen movies.  But he does actually have slightly different abilities powers from demon form and human form.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2006, 03:30:52 AM »
I should probably know that "if" we do play M&M at the Run for your life event that it will be at like 2-3 am, but that would leave just 42's regular crew and me since most people are leaving around 1am-2am.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2006, 10:40:26 AM »
Doesn't Fell and Mustard have to be there all night?

I was thinking we could probably get started around midnight. M&M adventures don't last as long as D&D adventures. But it does all depend on interest and what else is going on.

At any rate, I will have an adventure ready for tonight or for another time if that is the case.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2006, 11:14:09 AM »
So are we planning on coming home for awhile before the living greyhawk game?  If we were still up there at like 5 or 6am or something, then it might be easier to stay up there until LG, but if it was only like 3am that would probably be 5 hours of sleep or something before leaving again...although if we stayed up there, we'd need to take more than one car so Spriggan could go home.