Author Topic: Patriot City  (Read 4449 times)

House of Mustard

• Staff
  • Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
Patriot City
« on: March 27, 2003, 06:39:03 PM »
On Saturday, Fell and I began the big Patriot City Heroclix campaign (the rules are posted somewhere on this site, I'm sure).  We found out two things.  First, Fell is a big sucky loser.  I beat him five games to one.  Hmmm.... I wonder why he hasn't made mention of the campaign yet...

Second, and to Fell's credit, we found out the rules are a little screwy and if you begin winning consistently, then you will most definately continue to win consistently (due to the corrolation between gaining victory points and getting big scary guys).  By the time that the fifth game was over, I had earned enough points to have about a 600 point team, whereas Fell had about 180.  Since the teams have to be somewhat similar in size, I stopped cashing my points in (I already had Mr. Fixit, so I wasn't to concerned).
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Patriot City
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2003, 10:52:05 PM »
I've been meaning to write a campaign report, but I an't think of how to fix the victory point imbalance. Like Mustard said, and like Mustard predicted before we even started, once you win you're almost guaranteed to keep on winning. I like to think that he beat me so soundly just to prove that point, and not because of any personal vendetta against me.

One thing I think we need to change right here and now are the wound rules--every figure should start the game with full clicks, whether they died in the last game or not. That was kind of an attempt to channel Mordheim, but it didn't work--aside from encouraging the loser to continue losing, it had other wacky effects like making Dove start on her best click instead of having to push into it.

Any other ideas? I like the campaing idea, but we've proven that a lot of our plans didn't hold up very well.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net