Author Topic: Battletech anyone?  (Read 2703 times)

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
Battletech anyone?
« on: February 17, 2003, 02:36:13 PM »
Just out of curiosity, are they any fan of Classic Battletech here?  I love the game myself and am surprised it hasn't come up before.  What do you guys think of the new product line?

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
Re: Battletech anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2003, 09:59:58 PM »
Wow, I never even SAW this posting before.  I loved Battletech.  It was my first non-rpg gaming experience way back when we actually had to build our own damn terrain sets.  I am enjoying the clix version, and let me tell you something: Don't be surprised if Clix Mechwarrior wins Game of the Year this year.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2003, 10:00:28 PM »
Wow, I never even SAW this posting before.  I loved Battletech.  It was my first non-rpg gaming experience way back when we actually had to build our own damn terrain sets.  I am enjoying the clix version, and let me tell you something: Don't be surprised if Clix Mechwarrior wins Game of the Year this year.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2003, 10:18:32 PM »
Double posting to make up for you deleted profile, Slant? :)

I played MW Clix for a while, but I don't think it works as well as a collectible game as the other clix games.  It just didn't feel right. Rules were nice though, I must admit.  I sold all my stuff a while back.  It was hard letting go of that Atlas...

But now I have a real Atlas, white metal and waiting for paint.  Over the last few months I've collected most of the useful 3025 mechs and a few 3067.  And yet I still haven't played in a goodly long time.  

Take a trip to St. Louis, Slant.  I'll run Savage Worlds, you could run LOTR, and then we could play Battletech.  Man, how come nobody here plays Btech?

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2003, 12:36:53 PM »
I'm kind of with Pleasington on this: MW clix is a great game with some amazing rules, but it's not as collectible--probably because it's so much more expensive. I haven't sold mine off, but I'm tempted to (mainly so I can buy more Heroclix, which pushes all the right buttons for me).
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net