Author Topic: Arg! Crimson Skies (A Lament to Wizkids)  (Read 2776 times)

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
Arg! Crimson Skies (A Lament to Wizkids)
« on: May 22, 2003, 03:28:36 AM »
Wizkids!

Why, oh why, must you make such great games?

I've bought into it all...Mage Knight, Dungeons, Mechwarrior, Heroclix...only to put them down only because of lack of players and the collectibility of your games.  I still have more MK stuff than I know what to do with and still have my "Heroclix on a Budget" collection that I occasionally play with my friends.

And now, when I've put collectible games behind me, you release what I thought I could resist...a non collectible game.  Sigh.

I wasn't even tempted until I saw a random page advertising it and then went and downloaded the rules.  Sure enough, it looks to be a lot of fun.  Plus, it seems a lot cheaper to get into.  

I mean, I owned the original, FASA version of the rules and loved it then.  I thought your rules couldn't top it.  I think I may be wrong.  

Okay, I think I've proven to you, my TWG friends, that I am the weakest willed gamer on the planet.  Seriously.

Now I must find a way to afford this game and get everyone I know to play it...

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: Arg! Crimson Skies (A Lament to Wizkids)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2003, 04:22:34 AM »
Ha!

You did not spend $225 on a Tau army... on a impulse.

Games Workshop own me, mind, body and soul....
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2003, 12:15:08 PM »
If you do buy Crimson Skies, Pleasington, you have to write us a review and try to convince me that it's cool. I think it looks dumb, dumb, dumb.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2003, 02:28:15 PM »
I still think I have enough will to resist, Fell

And I don't know about the "aces" rules for playing characters as they weren't in the download, but the rules for dogfights are pretty solid.  We'll see how long I last.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 02:17:16 PM »
The dogfights, I admit, look pretty cool. But the aces...I can't even bring myself to comment on the idea, since it rots my brain.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2003, 11:33:40 PM »
Hey, I love Crimson Skies and I am having to resist mightily not to succumb to the Dark Side and spend insane amounts of money on it.  So far I just have the basic box and two sets of minis, but I have a feeling this will grow.  I'm not sure of the aces, but I am willing to give them a try before I say yea or nay.

Now all I want is a custom made Fokker triplane.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2003, 01:15:55 PM »
I bought the rules and a pack of planes (the Broadway Bombers, cause those Grummans just look so cool)
Playtest results and review forthcoming....
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2003, 04:46:17 AM »
I'm glad I decided not to jump back into either Mechwarrior nor Mage Knight as WK just screwed up what, to me, was one of their biggest selling points...their campaigns.

Things are really geared now to the people who play WK games non stop at all expenses.  

Sad, really.  Read about it here: http://www.wizkidsgames.com/article.asp?frame=events&cid=37898