Author Topic: Huh?  (Read 4601 times)

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
Re: Huh?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2003, 12:39:26 AM »
I have some of these.  The figs are alright, but are mostly just game pieces just like a chess piece.  They aren't all that "cool" like having an army of painted reaper figs sitting out on a shelf, just chuncks of plastic you use for a game.

The game is actually pretty cool, the rules are a lot like DnD, but either futher simplified or with an alteration that speeds up the game.  For example, if you target someone with a ranged weapon it has to be the closest target to you.  There's also a bunch of terrain effects that could be a blast with even a regular DnD game.  Like bloodrock, if you are standing on it you don't have to confirm a crit.  Or magic circles that give you a bonus to attack and AC if you stand inside them, etc.

The figs would have to get quite a bit better though to really be "collectable", cause the only real collectable value in them now is trying to get all the minis you want in your army, not to set out on a shelf or something like that.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2003, 12:45:42 AM »
eh, I'd still rather buy minis on the basis of knowing what i'm getting BEFORE i violate the return policy by opening the package.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2003, 12:50:01 AM »
Like I said, you don't want to buy these if you are looking for Minis.  Buy them only if you want to play the game itself.  If you are interested in adding it to your dnd game, all you really need is the mini handbook, not the figs.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.