Author Topic: Warhammer Related Groovy Stuff (WRGS)  (Read 8311 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Related Groovy Stuff (WRGS)
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2003, 08:03:07 PM »
Not really spriggan. Go check out this devilfish.

Its not only nicer, but its more realistic.

And... what the hell is that missile launcher supposed to be? I can only assume it is VDR created - if i could take a MRL on my devilfish, you would be damn sure i would have done so.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2003, 12:20:16 PM »
First of all, it's not fair to compare a fan's paint job to that of the 'Eavy Metal team. Obviously the guy who paints models for a living is going to be better at painting models.

Second of all, I'm sick to death of that brown color scheme on Tau stuff. Everyone uses it now, and that's silly--the Space Marines are allowed to have multiple color schemes, so why not the Tau?

Third of all, that was a picture of an alien spacecraft. Why are you talking about realism?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2003, 12:29:02 PM »
1) True, but i was comparing the overall scheme, not the level of painting. I was saying they were nicer colours.

2) Er... most Tau models i have seen are anything but brown? I am going to paint mine Ivory as the main colour with black as a contrast. No real reason, it just looks nice i think.

3) Phooey.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2003, 12:32:49 PM »
Now thats a nice dragon. Pity about the £125 price tag.

Check out their epic 40k harridan as well.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2003, 12:59:24 PM by Charlie82 »

Fellfrosch

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2003, 12:50:39 PM »
OOOhhhhhh, its so pretty. Too bad I like dragons and have some pewter figurines at home. A shame, really.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2003, 04:43:40 PM »
Oh my stars, that's a nice dragon. Some people and their stupid expensive dragons... *grumble grumble*.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2003, 05:10:44 PM »
ooo.. I DO like that...

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2003, 09:30:10 PM »
« Last Edit: October 22, 2003, 09:31:39 PM by Charlie82 »

Fellfrosch

Morag

• Level 1
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2004, 10:41:23 PM »
I just want to let everybody know (at least those of you who care) That today I had my first decisive victory with my Daemon Hunter army.   I have been slowly building up this army and I have fought with it several times.  Just over half the time I lost, but when I won my battles it was just by the skin of my teeth. When I lost I just got blown away.  Grey Knights cost 25 points so it doesn't take much to shoot them all to heck.  But I perservered and kept building my army (my birthday and Christmas came in handy for that)  And painted my little dudes.
And my luck, or I would like to blame my stratagy skill, finally improved.  Today I fought my friend's Chaos army and kicked his butt.  It felt so good.

I know you guys probably don't care but I just had to tell people.

And just for Dan and those who have been reading TWG since the begining I beat my friend like a red-headed step child.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2004, 01:16:54 PM »
Congratulations. Someday, when I buy more paint and glue and finish assembling them, my Space Wolves would be delighted to face your Daemon Hunters. And since I haven't played since Audrey was born (or soon thereafter) I'm sure to add another decisive victory to your record.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2004, 06:59:12 PM »
I need paint and glue, too.  My tyranid swarm is gonna ROCK.  My hive tyrant alone will have between 800 and 1000 points.  It's insane.  It even has friggin' wings like a harpie, a barbed strangler like a warrior, at minimum a two plus save, and armour, extra hands for movement, what else?  An insane strength...with my one hive tyrant I have decimated three squads of space marine, some firewarriors, two drednaughts and a biker squad.  AT ONE TIME!  I love tyranids with a passion that consumes my soul... Anyway, then he died  :'(, in simulation, of coarse.  I lack enough black paint to finish mine.  
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2004, 07:00:13 PM »
AND IT'S ALL LEGAL DUE TO MUTATION. AH HAHA AH HAHA AH HAHA-HAHA!
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

House of Mustard

• Staff
  • Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2004, 07:14:30 PM »
I love the new rules for Tyranids.  The only problem with having characters worth so many points, though, comes when you have a limited number of turns.  If you're playing a standard scenario, five turns is about average.  If you have 800 points invested in one guy, instead of spending 800 points on four units, your one expensive guy had better be able to accomplish four times what a smaller unit could.

Sure, no one is ever going to kill him, but will 800 points get mired down in a swarm of 80 point grots for two or three turns, and you fail your objectives?
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2004, 07:30:29 PM »
When playing turn limit and objective games I go for the genestealers who, are relatively cheap, termagaunts and homogaunts, who are utterly annoying, harpies, who are fast and warriors for long distance.  My hive Tyrant sits in the sideline and eats cheese puffs.
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

House of Mustard

• Staff
  • Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2004, 12:01:13 PM »
Man, if I had money....   And time... And no children...

I wish I played Warhammer more.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com