Author Topic: Updated heroclix rules  (Read 1618 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Updated heroclix rules
« on: June 12, 2004, 04:41:17 PM »
Hey Fell just a heads up, but they've changed a decent amount of the HC rules in Indy and have standerdised them in Universe, you might want to download the universe rules and ability card becasue some of the things you told us when we played last month have been different since December (like mindcontrol and multiple ranged attacks).
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Updated heroclix rules
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 03:24:38 AM »
Mind Control doesn't look like it's changed since Indy, so if I was doing it wrong I apologize. Some other stuff has changed a ton, though--the multiple ranged attack thing is huge, and Pulse Wave is all of a sudden incredibly powerful. I like the way they've finally codified all of their rules and powers into an interpretable set that doesn't really have any exceptions; once you figure out the difference between an attack and an action, for instance, the differences between certain powers becomes a lot more clear.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 12:36:53 PM »
Well the only change in mindcontrol is feedback (which was in indy too) but I don't remember you ever talking about it.  I was on the Wizkids rules forums all day friday and saturday asking questions and annoying the judges there.  I even got the Rules Arbitrator to answer questions.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 12:57:20 PM »
Feedback as in taking damage when you mind control an expensive character? That's been in there since the first set. Again, I apologize if I was doing it wrong (or not at all).
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 03:20:27 AM »
They changed HSS 2 rules, they now work like thunderblow in Mage Knight.

Current FAQ
HYPERSONIC SPEED: Replace the text under option (2) with the following: Give this character a power action. It may perform a close combat attack as a free action. The attacking character's damage value becomes 1. If the attack is successful, this character may continue to perform close combat attacks as free actions against the same target. Increase the target's defense value by +1 for each successful attack after the first. Increase the attacker's damage value by +1 for each successful attack after the first. The attack ends when the attacking player declares an end to the attacks or an attack misses. When the attack ends, damage dealt equals the attacker's total damage value.

Former HSS(2)
When the attack ends, damage dealt equals the number of successful attacks made by this character with this power action.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2004, 05:16:04 AM »
Weird change. It doesn't affect what the power does, only the words used to describe it--I wonder why they changed it. Just part of their "cleaning up the rules" process, I suppose.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 06:28:15 AM »
Actualy it does change in a major way.  Before this change HSS 2's damage wasn't limited to the rule of 3 and now it is.  Before you could attack 10 times and if you hit all 10 you'd do 10 damage, now under the same example you'd only do 4.  This was more or less to balence out the problem the Rule of 3 initial cause when it became active in Heroclix which was no matter how many times you attacked with HSS 2 the targets defence would only raise by a max of 3.  I think its a nessacery change to the rules.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 06:39:14 AM by Spriggan »