Author Topic: Heroclix Tourney Teambuilding  (Read 7313 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Heroclix Tourney Teambuilding
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2004, 01:22:30 AM »
Well I went to Walmart in Orem and they did have heroclix (over there the tradeing cards are by the books and comics) but they only had Marvel Universe, no Ultimates.  So either they haven't gotten them or put them out yet or Wizkids complained to corporate Walmart, since the thread on Wizkids boards is about a week ago, and they pulled them.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2004, 01:50:22 PM »
Before Spriggan releases his article.
Just to clarify, the only reason that Sprig's Black Mantra was able to kill my lesser Hellboy was that his Blue Beetle kept pushing Hellboy back when his battle fury kept him from using his ranged attacks. Also, Killer Frost was also incapacitaitng Hellboy, so he kept losing his actions. Otherwise, there is no way that Black Mantra could kill Hellboy.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2004, 01:58:23 PM »
Psh, you're just jelious of Blank Manta's awsomeness!
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2004, 02:01:42 PM »
On a coolness scale (10 being the coolest), Black Mantra is like a -6. Hellboy is like a 12.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2004, 02:05:46 PM »
yes, and when you combine the two (thats how Black Manta incompacitates) Hellboys coolness becomes a 6, that stuned hellboy not sure how he became so uncool so he shot himself.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 02:06:25 PM by Spriggan »

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2004, 02:13:53 PM »
and then Mace Windu, bloodied by his battle with an overwhelming horde of Ninja, comes to fight off Black Manta

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2004, 02:30:44 PM »
Serves Hellboy right for even thinking about lowering himself to battle Black Mantra. Only the lamest super heroes battle Black Mantra,

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2004, 03:34:31 PM »
Which makes it all the more amusing that Aquaman is his arch enemy.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2004, 03:37:16 PM »
article reference: http://www.timewastersguide.com/view.php?id=769

Sorry guys, too much of the material is already here. So I'm just referring to this thread from the article.

It's still giving me giggles.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2004, 03:48:32 PM »
Which makes it all the more amusing that Aquaman is his arch enemy.

Now if his arch enemy was the danceing Aquaman from the old Adultswim comercials then it would be a different story.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 03:59:20 PM by Spriggan »

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2004, 05:01:49 PM »
I strongly demand that the unique hellboy be rendered over to me.

I read, and really liked, the hellboy comics recently. And boy, 11 clicks of life is a charlie-happiness maker.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2004, 06:06:03 PM »
You will get neither of my Hellboys. Incidentally, the two together make a great team.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2004, 08:48:41 PM »
I've found some very good deals on ebay, and I've bid on them, and if I win they will substantially increase my collection. The thing is, there's so many figures to go around here that I think we could combine our forces and split the winnings.

For example, Mustard is kicking in $10 on this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5902817185&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1 , in return for which he will get the Batman unique and all the little figs he could ever ask for from Unleashed.

If anyoen would like to join forces in a similar manner on either of these auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5902817138&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

OR

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5902817217&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

email me and we'll talk about it.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2004, 02:19:41 AM »
I'm thinking about it, but I know most of those will sell for $40-$50 dollars and I don't want to sepnd that much money (even if it is halfed).  I can garentee you that the batman kilowog one will end up selling for $50+ since KC batman sells for $30-$40 as a single and Kilowog goes for $20+.  The indy one might sell for less becasue less people want them.  If I do go in I'll join in on the hypertime lot, I'll let you know in a day or two.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2004, 02:35:18 AM »
They could very easily go that high, but I'm hoping that they stay low simply because they're listed poorly. The really hot chase figs (like shazam) aren't even mentioned in the search line. We'll see.