Author Topic: Warhammer Quest  (Read 2806 times)

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
Warhammer Quest
« on: October 27, 2002, 07:55:03 PM »
Am I the only bloke who remembers Warhammer Quest?  What happened to it?  They were producing character kits left and right for it, had a handful of supplements, and even a mini-magazine (which I think lasted all of three issues).  They pourned an insane amout of money into the venture,, and then, POOF!  The whole game just up and disappeared for no reason one day.  What happened???  Did anybody else out there love Warhammer Quest, or am I just a bloody raving loony? (No, that isn't a trick question)  Remember the Chaos Warrior?  The Witch Hunter??  The Brettonian Knight???  The Pit Fighter????
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
Re: Warhammer Quest
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2002, 11:53:18 PM »
Sadly, we quit playing Heroquest to move onto role playing back in the day, so we missed out when it became Warhammer Quest.  I still have my Heroquest sets though...what a wonderful game it was!

If you dig through some posts I think you'll find some discussion on Heroqust/WH Quest mixed in with some Mage Knight Dungeons posts.

Cheers!

Lord_of_Me

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2002, 09:25:27 AM »
fanatic news in the new white dwarf said that it had been sent off to some department or other because they'd lost the files or something like that

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2002, 01:03:31 PM »
I'm with Pleasington--I played Heroquest (and still have all the sets) but moved into real RPGs before Warhammer Quest surfaced. WH Quest sounds fun, though, and if it ever comes back I'd give it a try. I'd like them to bring back Talisman first, though.

Ah, Talisman.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2003, 02:45:08 PM »
there is some quest stuff at our local Games Workshop store....

Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

masterchief_847

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 10:29:24 PM »
Yes the last time i was at gamesworkshop they had some

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2004, 08:32:07 PM »
SUCCESS!!  I recently was able to acquire every item put out for Warhammer Quest in a single package at an auction.  We are going to have a WQ marathon, possibly with four Chaos Warriors (the most diverse of the characters).  If we don't go the four warriors route, we will prolly consist of:

Chaos Warrior
Witch Hunter
Elf Ranger
War Priest of Sigmar

Quite an eclectic mix.  

We will be running through the three published scenarios, then do maybe five or six of the scenarios included in the main rulesbook.  That should take us at least a good 12 hours.  

Go Warhammer!
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2004, 09:24:44 PM »
I'm very envious. Maybe I'll have to dig up Talisman and go crazy.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2004, 11:52:57 PM »
One of the biggest regrets of my gaming life is that I passed on Talisman.  I had a chance to get an unopened and complete boxed set with a ton of expansions for forty bucks and I turned it down.  I hear that Talisman is a real experience.  To this day I kick myself.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2004, 10:20:06 PM »
If you're craving Talisman, I hear FFG's new game, Runebound, fills that hole nicely.  

I plan on picking it up when I get back from Australia (as I won't play it in the 2 weeks before I leave).

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2004, 10:24:24 PM »
If you're really craving, I might pick it up and you can game while you're over here. Sounds kinda interesting, and I think i saw it in the store the other day.

Speaking of which, I need hard details. Where are you staying, where can I contact you?

Details, man, details!
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2004, 10:47:01 PM »
Pleasington? Is that you? I haven't seen you around in ages.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2004, 03:52:42 PM »
Yup, it's me.  I've been lurking for many months now as my externship has me even busier than school.  I'm at clinic from 7am to 5 pm and then have about 2 hours devoted to journal articles each night.  Then sweet, sweet, sleep. So I still pop in every now and again.  I didn't just leave y'all hanging! :)

Jam- I'll be staying in Brisbane (apparently smack dab in the middle of the city).  I'll be there from Aug 24th until October 17th or so.  I'm really looking forward to it.  We'll have to get together and game!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2004, 04:45:00 PM »
Dr. P, Go to the Writer's group forum and respond to the thread I made. I wanted soemoen with med school experience, but I'm not getting that so far. Save me!

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2004, 09:15:37 PM »
Yes, yes we will. Make sure to either have internet access or swap contact details before. The middle of the city is a great place to be, actually, and it makes it easy to meet and game - the place where everything happens is a Games store on the main street.

This is gonna rock.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy