Author Topic: Scenery  (Read 2360 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Scenery
« on: July 25, 2003, 07:38:13 PM »
So i am curious. What do people use for scenery?

Last time i played, i used an old and paint stained battle mat (sand) with some books under it for hills. Then i put down unpainted craters, the resin forgeworld ones, then i put down a half dozen ornaments - 2 3" red stone lions i got in HK, 2 1 1/2" skulls i aquired at some point, a big HK dragon, and a wierd gargoyle thing.

I'm sounding like a well travelled goth here... i'm not, incidentially. Goths make me sick, the whining bastards.

That yielded a wierd sand dunes with battle damage with slightly gothic oriental overtones. And then we fought Tau versus Iron Warriors... it had a interesting atmosphere.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: Scenery
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 02:41:12 AM »
Time to renew an old thread....

Im using a combination of paper models from WOTC, Seaworks, Microtacix and Germs World, with a few resin pieces from Petsmart and a cottage from the miniature building authority. I use a combination of cork and styrofoam for hills and river banks. Rivers and oceans are made with blue cellophane.

Paper is cheaper but resin is much more durable...
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 10:14:26 AM »
Wow, old thread.

Well now I play at the local gaming club. We have the usual 6' by 4' boards to play over, and we have absolutely loads of terrain - 2 cupboards full, including a LOT of mordheim terrain. We'll have to actually play it sometime. We have just about everything we need really - dwarf gates, trees, hills, swamps, buildings etc. It's pretty good. :)
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 10:25:54 AM »
Mordheim was ultra cool,... wish it was still around...

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 10:31:15 AM »
It is... you can get all the stuff off the games workshop website you know :)

Fellfrosch

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 10:39:23 AM »
didnt know, I cant access it from work so I havent been lately...

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 03:40:02 PM »
I think my copy of Mordheim is lent out right now. I still consider that to be GW's strongest game, in terms of design and fun.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net