Author Topic: MK: Omens  (Read 1462 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
MK: Omens
« on: December 10, 2004, 08:02:32 PM »
Wow, new MK set details.  WK keeps on comming up with all these cool ideas for that game, too bad it's more complicated (and thusly not as fun) as HC.  Though luckly thinks tend to trickle down.  Now they've got people with switchable bases, and adventureing parties.

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/mageknight/article.asp?cid=39424&frame=products
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: MK: Omens
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 01:20:39 PM »
So I was bored at work one day and ended up reading the rules for MK...it seems that the only major differences that add complication are the fact that Heroclix is played on a grid board so you don't have to measure out movement with a tape, and the whole deal with front and rear arcs and whatnot.

Other differences are more to cater to the flavor of MK as opposed to HC, I think.  All in all they're still extremely similar, and I can see how MK might be more fun than HC in some respects, because of the differences.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 05:07:06 PM »
MK has some significant differences in terms of damage types and inherent combat bonuses, but I'm sure they're not too tough. I've got a grundle of figures you could have a look at if you're interested.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 06:28:57 PM »
One of the other big differences is how MK handles flying, elevated terrain and water.  In fact HC needs the MK water rules.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.