Author Topic: review: Ultimate Missions: Rebel Storm  (Read 1520 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
review: Ultimate Missions: Rebel Storm
« on: January 27, 2005, 01:49:11 PM »
reference: http://www.timewastersguide.com/view.php?id=966

ahyup. There it is. Looks like they've done it just about as well as they did the RPG.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
Re: review: Ultimate Missions: Rebel Storm
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 03:18:36 PM »
I almost bought this book a few weeks back.

Now I'm glad I didn't.

Thanks, Sprig!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: review: Ultimate Missions: Rebel Storm
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 09:26:02 PM »
Nope it's a 4 clock.  I did debate for quite a while on weither it should be a 3.5 or a 4.  How I score things is first I write the review, once I'm done I decided based off what I'm thinking/felling what the score should be.  Then I read through the review and judge wiether or now I ether exressed that score or not, finaly I look at this score and think "Is it x clocks better then 3 (adverage)" and compaire it to Fell's guidelings.  In this case a 4 was accurate

4 clocks: Good. The game/movie has numerous problems, but is fun/enjoyable enough to suffer through the bad parts

In this case it was better then a 3, there were lots of sloppy mistakes but that dosen't mean the overall scenarios themselfs suffer (whcih most don't).  The product is still playable and the scenarios are well done and balenced and the campain mode is cool.  The biggest mistake is in the maps (ie not finishing them) and not explaneing Linked missions well.  The rest of the mistakes are lazy editing in my mind.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.