Author Topic: Navia Dratp  (Read 1435 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Navia Dratp
« on: February 04, 2005, 07:27:03 AM »
Navia Dratp is the anime themed CMG that Fell, keji, and me saw at GPP this week.  And yes we joked about it.  I decided to look at the game's site and it looks like it's a mix of chess and a CMG.  You play on a chess boad (well something very similar) and different miniatures have diverent movement abilites like chess, you're also trying to capture the king (Navia).  I haven't read through all the rules on the site, but it actualy looks intresting and not just another 'clix' clone.

http://www.naviadratp.com/game/game.html
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 07:28:54 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Navia Dratp
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 09:31:56 AM »
I know someone who'll be getting an email later today.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Navia Dratp
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 09:41:55 AM »
I think Fell is going to contact them as well.  It's from Bandai so you may just get ignored.  But ask for both starters (there are 2) since one starter only has enough figures for one person.

The figures in each starter are unique to that starter itself and then the rest of the figs are avalible via booters, though there's only 39 total (includeing the starter figs).

I've only read the simplafied rules on the website but I see two inhearent problems with the game, though I could be wrong these are just baseing it against other minature games.

1)  There are no point totals to build your army with, so you could choose any figure you wanted and as many of 1 as you want.  If there was a game breaking peice or two that could realy throw off the game.

2) there are 4 different kings in the game, yet none of them have any special abilities besides being a king so there's no real reason to choose one over another besides looks.  This also leads to no factions, as far as I could tell, so you can mix and match as much as you want, even though there's a backstory about to countries at war.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.