Author Topic: WizKids does a board game  (Read 1471 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
WizKids does a board game
« on: February 04, 2005, 11:59:50 AM »
WIZKIDS TO RELEASE TSURO STRATEGY BOARD GAME
February 3, 2005 (SEATTLE): WizKids Inc., makers of the popular Mage Knight, HeroClix® and MechWarrior® collectable miniatures games (CMGs), is proud to announce plans to release Tsuro, a strategy board game.

"Tsuro represents an exciting new opportunity for WizKids," said Mike Samora, WizKids® vice president of Sales and Marketing. "It plays like a timeless strategy game similar to Go or chess, and the game's beautiful design and elegant play will make it a centerpiece of family entertainment." Simple to play but challenging to master, Tsuro is perfect for families, groups or friends looking for a unique strategy experience.

WizKids plans to release Tsuro in the fall of 2005. Release details were not disclosed.

Founded by 20-year game-industry veteran Jordan Weisman, WizKids is a Seattle-based game developer and publisher dedicated to creating tabletop games driven by imagination. Its Mage Knight, MechWarrior and HeroClix CMGs are among the most successful games on the market today, and the company has sold hundreds of millions of figures worldwide. For additional information, visit www.wizkidsgames.com.

©2005 WizKids Inc. All rights reserved. MechWarrior, HeroClix, Mage Knight, Tsuro and WizKids are trademarks of WizKids Inc.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 12:01:29 PM by Fellfrosch »
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: WizKids does a board game
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 02:13:52 PM »
I just talked to Jason, the WizKids PR guy, and he says that the game has no underlying fiction or world--it's just a game, like chess or go, that exists in the abstract. Sounds pretty cool to me.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 02:34:53 PM »
wait... is it legal to avoid back story these days?

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 03:23:03 PM »
No, but they're fighting the man.