Author Topic: Spriggan spelling >_<  (Read 11494 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Spriggan spelling >_<
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2003, 05:24:04 PM »
I don't think "harder" is appropriate either, except in subjective circumstances. It may be harder for you. But it certainly isn't for me. I deal a lot better without the schedule or pressure, and I retain more.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2003, 05:28:33 PM »
I retain a shower, I retain a shower, I retain a shower in the morning!
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2003, 05:57:09 PM »
Having an enormous home library helps me for instance, if I need to know something I read a few books on it, I retain a great deal more after that process. I started doing that in highschool when we had those abominal anthologies that presented edited works of literature. Edited how you might ask? Edited to make them more accessible to challenged students. Edited to get rid of any objectional material. Edited to lose any flavor the original work may have had.

In response to that I went out and got all the books we had to read in the anthology and read them on my own.
But I also turned in every paper late and even let my girlfriend (now my wife) use my final paper as her own for AP english and I never turned in a final. When I saw the english teacher at graduation she said she gave me a B anyway because it was clear I understood the material (lots of class participation and high scores on the quizzes and tests)
Oh and my wife got an "A+"
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2003, 06:45:10 PM »
Point conceded Saint. I need the class discussions and lectures to help me care enough to finish a book. My best example is Red Badge of Courage, still only have

Jeffe, that sounds terrible! You were reading anthologies in 12th grade? We were on the straight books that year. Of course we were supposed to buy them on our own, but they were all very easy to find at a used books store. And our teacher was very good about using books that Dover published.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 06:47:16 PM by Treyva »
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2003, 06:51:04 PM »
yeah it was catholic school what are you gonna do.

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2003, 07:42:14 PM »
Oh. Not much I guess.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2003, 08:16:26 PM »
yeah it was catholic school what are you gonna do.

Catholic school girls.

Oh, and don't worry, I've already been punished for that comment.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2003, 08:20:41 PM »
I married one!

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2003, 03:22:16 PM »

(Of course, that would only last until Stacer pulled the ol' "Evil Professional Editor" card on me.)

Oooo--I go off and work on a paper for a couple days and come back to find I have achieve Evil Professional Editor status!  8)   I mean, professional is one thing, but Evil.... heh heh heh *stacer rubs hands together maniacally

Shintoism is right, though. I did a project on Japan in 4th grade and remember reading about it. (Okay, so I think I've read about it since then, but that's the most significant project I ever did, so maybe I'm no expert.) Sprig is right--the "ism" is added like to Daoism or Judaism (though I suppose Judaism is an irregular one).

I agree that you can learn all sorts of great things on your own, and I have, but I must concur with MOD that the deadlines and assignments are a motivating factor for me. I rarely finish a writing assignment unless I (a) am getting paid for it, or (b) have a grade depending upon it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2003, 03:25:24 PM by norroway »
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing