Author Topic: Icons rule changes  (Read 1439 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Icons rule changes
« on: September 24, 2005, 10:28:39 PM »
Energy Explosion no longer can be buffed by enhancement or SHIELD TA.  :'(

"This character's damage value becomes 1 until the attack has been resolved."

------------------------
Team Abilities must not be canceled at the start of a figure's action.

"If a team ability is not canceled at the beginning of an action, it is in effect during the action."

(this effects Probability control)
----------------------------------------------------

Ladders no longer affect speed.

----------
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 10:56:30 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Icons rule changes
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 08:38:02 PM »
While this isn't necessarily a rules change I just didn't want to start a new thread.

This is a thread about how long Wildcarding lasts and such, there doesn't appear to be any actual rule on how long it does last but most people agree that unless you say "I'm copying this ability every turn until I say otherwise" it resets after each turn, though that's not a rule just a way to keep thing clear.

http://forum.wizkidsgames.com/showthread.php?t=110013
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 07:07:00 PM »
Also not a real rules change, but I've been reading through the FAQ and thought this was really interesting (emphasis mine):

Q003: How do battlefield conditions work in a constructed tournament?
A:
- You may choose to play battlefield condition cards or not, they are optional.
- If you choose to play them, you must make a hand. Your hand must have a number of cards equal
to the number of rounds in the tournament.
- Your hand may contain battlefield condition cards equal to the number of rounds minus one (for
example, in a four-round tourney you can have up to three battlefield condition cards in your
hand.) You are not required to have that many; you can bring one or fewer if you choose. When
bringing fewer than the maximum, you are required to bring "placeholder" cards (either feat or
bystander cards) to fill out your hand.
- Your hand cannot have more than one copy of any battlefield condition card (for example, you
can't have two or more Ordinary Day cards, even when those cards are drawn from different
expansions.)
- Your opponent has no say in if you want to play battlefield condition cards or not. If you bring
them, you can play them.

- After you roll to determine who will be the first player, choose a map and starting areas, but before
you place your figs in the starting area, both players reveal their battlefield condition cards at the
same time (no waiting to see what your opponent plays before you choose a card.) Placeholder
cards, if played, have no effect on the game.
- The card played in a game--whether a battlefield condition or placeholder--is removed from your
hand after the game is over. It cannot be played again in subsequent rounds.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 07:07:55 PM by Fellfrosch »
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 09:44:27 PM »
yep, got to love those rules.  When I first read that I was confused oh how to make a hand since I though rounds was how many turns in a single game and not how many games in a tourney so Hair10 had to clarify my stupidity.  This was back when Legacy came out since that's when we were thinking of doing a BFC article.