Author Topic: Wizkids Demos  (Read 2316 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Wizkids Demos
« on: March 17, 2006, 09:15:31 PM »
So, umm I got a box from Wizkids today full of games.  A few months ago me and Fell told WK we were interested in demoing their games and I guess I was selected to do so even though I never sent in a final conformation I was interested.  Oh well I can run a demo once a month and Conduit is coming up in May and they're finally offering free passes to people running games so maybe we'll have another TWG game day there.

I got some clix and mechwarrior, not much really, but a crap load of Raceday and Pirates as well as some High Stakes Drifter boosters.  Looks like we'll be having some new reviews of these.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Wizkids Demos
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 09:58:41 PM »
I got one of these too. How bizarre that they would send this out without hearing a peep from them since we first expressed interest. Anyone who wants to learn some games, and get some free stuff, let us know.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 10:05:46 PM »
I think I should note that there's one game we didn't get which is Rocketmen, this will probably further the thought that the game is dead.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 10:59:53 PM »
Already? I didn't think it'd even come out yet, or something.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 11:06:27 PM »
Came out last November.  

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 11:40:46 AM »
its not dead, they have an expansion for it, and they have Savage Worlds turning it into an RPG.

Its selling well in stores too, not as good as pirates... but you know.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 11:55:55 AM »
It's dead in it's current state Jeffe, they might try to bring it back as a different game with the RPG but I doubt it.  The game was selling so poorly they didn't even release several of the advertised products dealing with rocketmen (a DVD and collectors tin).  I actually wouldn't be surprised if the RPG got axed too, right now in the collectible games market proprietary "settings", it Mage Knight and Rocketmen, aren't what's popular its licensed settings that are.  You can see this in WK games for 06 too since every single thing they announced at GAMA and are continuing to support are all things they're licensing from someone else.

Also High Stakes Drifter has been more or less officially canceled.