Author Topic: review: D&D Minis: Wardrums  (Read 2522 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
review: D&D Minis: Wardrums
« on: May 16, 2006, 01:13:22 PM »
reference: http://www.timewastersguide.com/view.php?id=1301

I kind of like the fact that giant alligators in loin clothes are rare.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: review: D&D Minis: Wardrums
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 01:44:24 PM »
I guess in tearms of not having 500 of them it's a good thing, but I like my rares to be something that's really cool and stand out.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 11:21:16 PM »
The next D&D mini's set, which is out in July or August, actually has two figures I want.  A large Green Dragon, shame it's not Huge, and a hafling on a raptor.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mi/20060425d
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 03:35:14 AM »
What is that fire guy, a salamander?  The paint looks pretty cool.  I also like the blue skeleton dragon.  What is that guy in the bottom left supposed to be?  Looks sort of like a dusk giant from heroes of horror, but I'm not sure.

I was reading somewhere that they were going to release a colossal dragon, I think it was a red dragon.  I wonder how big it will be.  I have a 'colossal skeleton' metal fig from Reaper, it is big but I'm not sure if it would really classify as colossal.  I was using it for a titan skeleton, which are huge, which is more the size catagory I'd put him in.  So if they really sized it up as colossal, that thing would be MASSIVE, but I think it was over 50$, ouch.

This game that Prometheus ran where I played a vampire cleric, I've been trying to build up and paint all of his troupe just to sit on the shelf.  I'm not quite half done with it though.  There is still a mermaid figure coming out that I need 2 of, plus I haven't found any skeleton minis that I really like yet, except for the titan.  Which I actually need 1 more of, but they are kind of expensive, like 25 and you have to paint them.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 03:42:51 AM by Eagle_Prince »
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 04:04:37 PM »
It's a Fire elemental if I'm not mistaken and the guy on the bottom left is a Mountian Troll I think.

As for the colossial size, it'll be as wide and long as the At-At but probably taller.  http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndmin/957520000  He's expesnive at a whopping $75.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 04:06:14 PM by Spriggan »