Author Topic: question on starter set  (Read 2338 times)

shadowfigure638

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
question on starter set
« on: May 29, 2006, 12:26:59 PM »
hello ppl. im new to the forum and i have previously collected other tabletop games such as warhammer 40k,mage knight and a little of marvel heroclix. I m more of a DC guy than a MArvel person.  on the dc heroclix official site it says in the starter set that the peices are randomly selected. is that true ? or does it have the superman, catwoman,man-bat,robin,joker,hawkgirl team preselected inside?

thnx for ur help
truely,
the shadow that u cannot see but is right next to you and whispers scary things in ur ear at night(jus kidding) ;D

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: question on starter set
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 01:57:07 PM »
The old, and I mean quite old, DC starter set was all random pieces.  The new DC starter set, from Icons, are all preselected and can only be found in that starter set.  These figures are all very good despite being a low cost (there's three heroes and three villains) because they make 2 100 point teams.

The figures are: Batman, Robin, Hawkgirl, Joker, Harley Quinn and Manbat.

Hope this helps.  And while I'm here, Shadowfigure feel free to Read the FAQ and Introduce Yourself
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

shadowfigure638

• Level 1
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 02:54:30 PM »
thnx alot! but im so sorry , i meant to say the hypertime starter set.  thanks for the links they are very helpful.  

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 03:08:38 PM »
ya, Hypertime is random but I don't know why you'd want to buy Hypertime starter.  All you get is an outdated rule book and a map for the extra cost plus Hypertime figures are quite bad, with a few exceptions.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

shadowfigure638

• Level 1
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 03:15:42 PM »
ooh. hehehe i didnt know that.  its just that my local comic book sore has hypertime so i thought it might be the new one.  so could i just get 3 booster packs for arouynd 25 bucks and make my own map? would that be best?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 03:21:05 PM »
I would buy the Icons starter for $12 then 2 boosters of what ever set you want (I really like Collateral Damage) for close to the same price and you'll get 2 more figures then 3 boosters plus a map.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 03:22:16 PM by Spriggan »

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 04:51:00 PM »
Plus, the Icons starter includes arguably the best Batman in the game. He's not flashy, but he's awesome for the points, and has a great sculpt.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net