Author Topic: Pirates of Davey Jone's Locker  (Read 1984 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Pirates of Davey Jone's Locker
« on: March 29, 2006, 02:24:41 PM »
Now with Sea Monsters: http://www.wizkidsgames.com/pirates/article.asp?cid=40734

I'm not sure what I think about this. It's kind of cool, but also kind of silly. And that's kind of bad, but not necessarily.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Pirates of Davey Jone's Locker
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 03:21:26 PM »
I dunno. They have to make SOMETHING new to assemble. I just don't know if I'm excited bout the 20000 Leagues thing I see going on.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: Pirates of Davey Jone's Locker
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 11:04:15 PM »
I sure as heck am, I got a lot of rares in my 6 packs today... Davy Jones is possibly the best (he can mimic any ability of any crew or ship in play once a turn) but the Flying Dutchman is cool too... its a 5 masted ship with L2 Cannon and broadside wicked.

The new faction is good, its gunnery is almost supernatural, but its movement sucks. There are a few ships I thought would be cool but didnt get, like the one that goes into a fog bank and comes out of any fogbank anywhere on the board in the direction of his choice. Yikes.... ghost pirates indeed. The brit ships I got were neat, with some fun abilities, and the American ship I got was overpriced. The 5 masted spanish ship though... its nice.

I really need to get my hands on a wizkids convention ship... this last season they did a 10 masted junk... yeah ten masts and 10 cargo spaces with a linked crewmember.

Of course Santa and his Sleigh were good too...

I must have them.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!