Author Topic: Betrayal at House on the Hill  (Read 2202 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Betrayal at House on the Hill
« on: May 03, 2006, 07:53:14 PM »
We reviewed this game around two years ago, where I gave it 5 clocks and said it was awesome but flawed--the rules and atmosphere were great, but the scenarios were skewed and out of balance. Since then Avalon Hill has released revised scenario manuals, and I've been playing through them, and they're awesome--they've really done a good job of balancing it so that both heroes and traitors have an even chance to win, and in the process they've clarified the rules and made some of the trickier Haunts a lot smoother. This was a great game before, and now it's even better.

The original review: http://www.timewastersguide.com/view.php?id=868
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 07:53:49 PM by Fellfrosch »
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
Re: Betrayal at House on the Hill
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 08:38:20 PM »
Yeah we have played this a few times.  Its a fun game.  I like that it usually doesn't take too long and it plays a bit different every time.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 08:40:05 PM by Eagle_Prince »
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: Betrayal at House on the Hill
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 08:43:25 PM »
This is a fun game. Since I'm now involved with the games group at the mental health center I keep thinking about games I would like to bring for them to try. This one might be fun to try around Halloween. Course, I still have to see how the clients react to games like Yatzee.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.