Author Topic: Horrorclix  (Read 12027 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Horrorclix
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 05:32:19 PM »
I must say that my leading choice would be Army of Darkness, but the 80s slashers would be a close second
who wouldn't love a clix of Freddy or Jason?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2006, 03:08:33 AM »
I wouldn't. Just like I don't want a Buffy one, or about half of the things on that list.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2006, 12:30:41 PM »
There are only a few of the properties on the list that I wouldn't love to have some clix of, if only for collector's purposes. A HeroClix version of Buffy would be dull as all crap, but if the scenario aspect of Horrorclix comes across as well as we hope, Buffy could be cool. Not as cool as Aliens or Ghostbusters, but still cool.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2006, 12:35:25 PM »
Ghostbusters clicks would rock though.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2006, 05:00:07 PM »
Damn people, you don't think sending deep ones and Elder Things against sarah michelle geller would be hilarious? Just imagine her mind crumbling under the horrifying, baffling concept of 4 dimensional maths that the Elder Things possess.

Actually, it gives me a headache as well. Damn 4D maths.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2006, 09:29:17 AM »
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2006, 06:43:47 AM »
Cthulhu is being released this summer, but it looks like he's only available to retailers

EDIT: looks like people can buy him for $89 while retailers get him for free.

"retailer orders 2 cases of boosters and 1/2 a case of starters they will receive a giant sized Cthulhu. Giant meaning Galactus and Spectre sized. The fig is going to be huge with all the wings and the tentacles and good stuff. Retailers will receive the fig for launch so preordering is key to get it. Best part is that the horrorclix systems are 80% compatible with HeroClix, so you can have a godlike smack down between the three biggies. More in a bit on WizKids stuffs. "

http://www.gamingreport.com/gallery/v/gamatradeshows/gts2006/wizkidsdinner/horror/cthulhu/
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 07:03:53 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2006, 08:54:04 AM »
/me wonders how hard it would be to set up a fake retailer front.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2006, 08:57:42 AM »
well I guess I should reword that *free*, retailers get him for free *if* they buy a certain amount of product.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2006, 09:01:12 AM »
oh, like I would have a hard time moving two and a half cases of clix.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2006, 09:10:33 AM »
You might, WK doesn't have the best track record of supporting games that don't sell really quick in the first month or two.  Every game they've launched since Pirates has been dropped or isn't selling well enough but nothing has been formally announced just like how Shadowrun, crimson skies and creepy freaks have yet to have a formal axing.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2006, 04:42:59 AM »
Cthulhu will be the Horrorclix click-brick mail-a-way figure though you still have to pay the $85.  So to get one as a player you're looking at spending about $200.  Tempting but I don't think I'll be taking WK up on this offer.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2006, 12:38:57 PM »
The rules for Horroclix have been posted: http://www.wizkidsgames.com/horrorclix/howtoplay.asp

This is only the rules, not the Powers and Abilities card, but it still look spretty cool. I was really impressed with the new ways they've found to use the dial: for example, a lot of the monsters start out in a weaker state, and have a power called Transform that lets them click up to a more powerful one, kind of like leveling a figure in Mage Knight Dungeons.

They've also added a feature called hourglasses replacing certain stat numbers, which represents that a monster is temporarily intangible, or mindless, or whatever; at the end of each turn in which a monster shows an hourglass, you click it down once. The two examples they gave were a ghost who floats around ominously before suddenly manifesting and attacking, or a zombie who advances really slowly and gets knocked down all the time (I imagine that a zombie might have hourglasses on ever other click, to show that every time they get hit it takes them a while to get going again--very zombie-like).

The game also includes plot cards, a standard ability to move and attack once you've claimed your first victim, and some other pretty neat innovations. It doesn't look like a deep strategy game, the way Dreamblade does, but it looks like a cool beer and pretzels type thing. I'm impressed.

As for Cthulhu...dang, that's tempting, even at $200.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2006, 03:20:27 AM »
More shots of Cthulhu: http://www.wizkidsgames.com/wk_article.asp?cid=40709

I really need to find a way to get one of these.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2006, 07:44:06 AM »
Okay, that Cthulhu is rather cool. So cool that I'm nearly sure cheerleaders will start carrying that sculpt around.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.