Author Topic: Scourge  (Read 7078 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Scourge
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2003, 05:56:22 PM »
OK for those of you intrested, we're going to try and have our Scourge booster-draft friday the 29th.  No time has been set but it will be late again probaly 9 or 10 PM.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2003, 05:56:39 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2003, 10:33:48 AM »
Fell was talking about going to the Morridin Prerelease as a group a little bit. Do we know when it is yet from the rumor mill sites? I've already tried wizards.com and they still have their Scourge page up. I need to try and schedule that day off work as far in advance as possible. (Assuming people actually want to go. I don't feel like going to Morridin if it's just me.)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2003, 10:34:46 AM by Prometheus »
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2003, 01:07:01 PM »
I've already budgeted for it, so count me in. I'm pretty sure it's September 20, and I think we should get as big a group as we can.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2003, 06:07:11 PM »
Well, folks, I have left the emerald hills and the deep blue of the Pacific and have come to live in Orem.  I'm pretty sure I'm free on the 29th (let me check with my wife) and so...is it too late to join?  

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2003, 06:42:28 PM »
Depends. We already have 8, but I'll be amazed if all 8 of them can make it. 42 is also interested, so you and he are in the alternate slots. No matter what, though, you should definitely come anyway--Tage usually comes just to hang out and watch, and drafts are pretty entertaining no matter which side of the issue you're on.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2003, 04:53:49 PM »
Wizard's website says Sep. 20th now. The managing organization's website isn't reflecting the new info yet that I can see, and the location appears to have been changed, but that's pretty official lookin to me.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2003, 10:54:38 PM »
I'm not going to be working this friday, EUOL is.  And Micah has the shift before him. So all you have to do is convince EUOL to show up to work a bit early.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2003, 11:41:43 PM »
Okay, the day has arrived--Friday, August 29, at 10pm in the Cottontree.

Coming as normal:
(These people will play for free and take home the common or uncommon of their choice at the end of the night)
Fellfrosch
Prometheus
Tiger
Spriggan
Brenna
GuJiaXian

Maybe not coming and/or staying the whole time:
(We'll find out when we get there)
EUOL

Coming and bringing their own packs:
(They'll write down their cards as they open each pack, to make sure they get them back at the end of the night.)
The Megan formerly known as Schoonover
Megan's husband J.T.

Interested in playing if possible:
Lieutenant Kije

So what this means is that we'll probably have more than 8 people. 42 is leaving early and might decide to either play or just watch, and EUOL might be getting there late if he has a hot date, which would put him out of contention. If one (or both, I suppose) of them is gone, Kije is in. If Kije or anyone else would like to buy their own packs, he's more than welcome to jump in no matter how many people show up (so bring your wife, Kije). 8 is the ideal size for a tournament draft, but I don't think it will screw us up too much to have a slightly larger group. And if the "buy your packs" idea works out, we can do drafts more often.

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2003, 11:13:40 AM »
We had some discussion earlier about a constructed deck bout. Is anyone else still interested? I have some new decks that need some grinding.