Author Topic: Landgrabbing Magic  (Read 2330 times)

Lord_of_Me

Landgrabbing Magic
« on: December 21, 2002, 09:26:04 AM »
good article - aside from a reference to explosive growth instead of Explosive Vegetation.

And surely Greener Pastures deserves at least an honourable mention!

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
Re: Landgrabbing Magic
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2002, 07:44:14 PM »
One can't avoid all mistakes...you got me on that one.

I'm not sure why you mentioned Greener Pastures, though. It doesn't do any sort of landgrabbing. Besides that, I didn't include many landgrabbing cards in the article because I restricted my research to the expansions since Invasion was released. That's still 7 expansions and it took quite a bit of effort to detail the entire range. I had a little note about it not including landgrabbers from any other expansion in my original work...I'm not sure why it got edited out.

Although I haven't had time to worry about a new Magic article in a while, I've been thinking about doing another article like this after a deck or two...probably something along the lines of small burn spells. Any other feasible requests? (Remember to keep the topic narrow)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2002, 07:47:10 PM by Prometheus »
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Lord_of_Me

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2002, 07:47:38 AM »
i mentioned greener pastures because if you include lots of those land grabbers in your deck you're probably going to want to use them for something

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2003, 10:15:15 AM »
How many times a day do you I feel really stupid?  ??? Even after that entire article about landgrabbers, look what I missed:

Scouting Trek
1G
Sorcery
Search your library for any number of basic land cards, reveal them, and set them aside. Shuffle your library, then put those cards on top of it in any order.
Invasion
Uncommon

Having to draw the basic lands off your deck doesn't make it the world's best landgrabber, but it's a definite powerhouse in that category of spells. Drawing the remaining basic land types in a domain  or five color deck is almost always going to be worth the cost, and 1G is quite efficient for such a card.

How do I not have one of these?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2003, 10:15:54 AM by Prometheus »
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster