Author Topic: Autocard  (Read 2011 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Autocard
« on: September 15, 2002, 10:45:16 PM »
Hey Fell I found out your problem with the autocard wizard. ;D
www.snorbert.com/VG/magic.html

umm the problem was pretty simple one but easy to make if you haven't done much with Java script.

this code:
<script language="Javascript"> function WizardsAutoCard (cardname) {   windowName = "WotCWindow";  params = "toolbar=0, location=0, directories=0, status=0,   menubar=0, scrollbars=0, resizable=0, width=450, height=400";  win = window.open("http://www.wizards.com/magic/autocard.asp?name="+cardname,    windowName, params); }</script>
needs to go right AFTER the <html> tag, wich is the fist tage in an html page.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Autocard
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2002, 02:23:00 AM »
cool, thanks
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
Re: Autocard
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 10:30:46 PM »
I spent a little time thinking about that accessibility issue for MTG articles today, and also about the evil little Autocard function they put in, that, while incredibly useful, is just too much of a pain to add to every article when you're not getting paid for it.

Maybe I could jazz up a little application that would take a text file and add the Autocard text in for you. Searching a huge database for an expanding number of cardnames is probably out of the question, but if, for instance, you could tell it to modify a .txt for a particular phrase and have it Autocard the entire thing, that would be cool. Unfortunately, my last several attempts to get Java working on my computer have all gone bunk, but at the same time, I've been thinking about getting a new one anyway. Maybe maybe.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster