Author Topic: Mirrodin is the Artifact block  (Read 6203 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Mirrodin is the Artifact block
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2003, 11:40:28 AM »
ok, consider it done.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2003, 08:39:36 PM »
Let's do that booster draft.  When's good for people?
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2003, 02:08:26 AM »
I'm good to play most any night, but I doubt we could pull it off this week, time is too short. Next week is General Conference week...the Cottontree is usually busy then?

Also, are we dividing the cards up differently this time, given the way we obtained them? You and Fell got most of the winnings for us, but at the same time, that was under TWG funds, I guess. Don't know how you two want to do that.

Have we talked to Chris/Kristy and Megan/J.T. about the Sealed games since the tournament?
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2003, 02:15:31 PM »
We are doing a draft game tonight at the Cottontree at 9:30, or shortly thereafter, with a much smaller group than normal (mostly because we don't have enough cards for the normal group and we're too excited to wait until the set comes out so we can buy more). Prometheus, make sure you come, and we'll try to contact Kije and Lovebasket as well. We can do seven people, and I imagine we'll probably have about that many.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2003, 06:50:04 PM »
Roger Roger. I might be able to scrounge up another player if we end up short, too.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2003, 08:04:50 PM »
We can do more, thanks to certain tranzas I intend to pull (ie, recombining my prerelease cards into pack-like groups).
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2003, 10:32:06 AM »
I asked already in the Superdeck thread, and I don't want to be a pain, but are we still planning on doing that Sealed League thing? If so, I'd like to meet sometime to trade and start getting our Sealed decks in shape to bash each other over the head with. If not, I'd like to know so I can use my Sealed cards elsewhere.

I'm actually thinking about changing my deck up entirely and going with a red/white build focusing on equipment. I'll probably have a third color, which will likely be green, as red destroys its own artifacts and doesn't play all that well with either blue or black, who need as many of those as possible.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2003, 12:03:53 PM »
I can't say I'm terribly excited about a sealed league (mostly because it remains poorly defiend in my mind). I've already broken up my Mirrodin and built some new decks, so go ahead and do the same.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2003, 06:00:16 PM »
re: prerelease articles.
It's really a problem with all three articles, but uh... I know how to play magic. And it would have been helpful to know even vaguely what a card does so that I could understand anything about your descriptions of the matches. I can't imagine what it's like for someone unfamiliar with the game.
If I have to go look at another source to learn that (especially one I have to search for myself), then I really don't need to read about the matches. Just a thought.

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2003, 11:48:14 PM »
True, I guess. We tried to get them out quickly, however, and putting that Autocard code in can be a real pain. At the same time, though, the purpose of the articles wasn't really to explain the game or the new cards, it was to report on our trip. We could've made it more user-friendly, but we'll have other articles out before long to explain more about what was going on.

The big annoyance I have with my article is that somehow the '+1/+1 counters' mentioned on the Wurmskin Forger explanation at the end somehow became '1 / 1 counters' during the transition, which is a significantly different matter, unless you have a Pentavus.

In the short term, though, I have a few two-color decklists from the Legions/Scourge era that have yet to be strutted across the stage. Is my new copy of Whispering Winds readable Fell?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 11:50:09 PM by Prometheus »

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2003, 02:16:49 AM »
Thanks for posting Forged Dawn for me, Fell. Somewhere in translation though Bosh had triplets and the card count got all messy.

20 lands + 28 creatures + 11 non-creature artifacts = 59 cards

Not a big deal, but also not my fault. I checked.  ;D

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2003, 03:12:36 AM »
Yes, I intended to ask you about that. The version you sent me had only one Bosh and the same 11 non-creature spells, leaving you 4 cards shy of a legal constructed deck. I added some Boshes but didn't know what to do with the spells. How would you like me to change it?

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2003, 09:14:54 AM »
 :-[

What do you know, you're right...I checked the number of Bosh's last night, but made assumptions about the card count overall...

I must've been pretty tired last night not to notice that changing it back would take too many cards away. For survivability, let's take a pair of Skeleton Shards, and for pure abusiveness with the Brass Herald let's go with two Soul Foundry on top of that. Unless you have a different cool idea that would work thematically. You caught my error. Any thoughts?

Oops. Scratch that. The problem was mine in typing it out to send to you. I missed the quad of Malachite Golems. Add those instead. It was right in the initial plans.  :P Sorry about the trouble.

On a different note, did anyone have any thoughts about Forged Dawn or the other decks I've had posted recently? I haven't gotten a lot of feedback.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 09:20:39 AM by Prometheus »

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2003, 11:57:58 AM »
no one gets much feedback on specific articles anymore.
I don't have the time to look at all the cards, i'm either on an incredibly slow computer (no, really, you can't comprehend unless you sit at it and wait the 3 minutes for it to open a new IE window. I do not exaggerate) or a very slow internet connection (where I also have so many things to do. So i'm not sure what all the cards do, though the links to them is very nice.