Author Topic: Card Table  (Read 2784 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Card Table
« on: March 14, 2004, 01:38:02 PM »
Well, JP found some new free niftiness for those of us who enjoy CCGs but can't find anyone to play with. Sort of like that Apprentice program Fell found for us, except that Card Table had card definitions for most collectible games out there.

The card defs are a pain to get though, since they're all over the place and half of them are on Yahoo! groups which have a severe download limit. So far, Gemm, JP, and I have amassed the necessary files to install and play Magic: The Gathering, Shadowfist, Lord of the Rings, and Marvel Hero Clix.

For everyone's convenience, I'm putting them in one place: http://www.thelemur.net/gaming/CardTable

If you want to play one of the many other games available, email the files to [email protected] (Gemm, JP, it's easiest if you just send them there, I don't download those and can just log in to my shell, open Pine, and save the attachments directly to the folder where they belong, ie, I don't have to download them and then re-upload them).

Those of you with broadband, i'd love it if you downloaded game files and emailed them to me so I can post them up in one place with easy access.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
Re: Card Table
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 07:07:08 PM »
Yeah. Cool that you got the shell thing going. Anyway, expect to receive Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh files soon, if I can get them. (yes, I'm sad but I like those games).

If anyone gets it and wants to play me at anything (Literally so long as I can read a rulebook I'd like to try it out) just IM me, I'll be up for it. Unless I'm busy or something.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 04:59:43 PM »
Hmm. What's the interface like? I'm curious how it can handle card games and heroclix on the same system. If it simple and works (and doesn't have big graphics and sound that will get me in trouble at work) I'd love to play some Heroclix against people.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 05:02:18 PM »
The interface is a card game system. It works clix using a bit of a Kludge: Each figure is defined as a stack, so you load them individually, and hold control while moving them.  When they take damage, you remove the top "card".

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 05:14:25 PM »
Whoa--you just blew my mind. There's a whole new tabletop system in that idea, just waiting to get out--or possibly a CCG, or a combination. Holy Hannah, that's a cool idea. Now all other projects go on hold while I try to figure out what to do with that....
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 05:21:23 PM »
easy cowboy, you owe us an RPG system for TW(i)G first. You can do a CCG in the same world with this new idea too.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2004, 05:40:07 PM »
But...stacking cards! Depleting a life stack! Adding to and rearranging a life stack! Shifting stats and powers! Think of the possibilities!

Who's in the TWiG RPG group? I want to send out a copy of my ideas thus far and get some feedback. The sooner we get that out of the way, the sooner we can work on the cool card idea.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2004, 06:41:44 PM »
uhm.... you are in charge of the RPG group.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2004, 06:44:39 PM »
I know that, I just don't know who's in it with me. Or are you saying that I have all power to shape it to my will?

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2004, 07:32:23 PM »
no ones in it. You're supposed to build a coalition. Much like Bush trying to take over Iraq

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2004, 04:53:20 AM »
Y'know, even though I tried to mix CCGs and Tabletop games once before (Don't ask, the results were terrible) I didn't think of that. It's certainly a really cool idea. Once you've got the TW(i)G thing done, if you want any assistance working on the idea, counr me in. I see a lot of potetial in it, and would invest venture capital, were I a venture capitalist.