Author Topic: Requiem  (Read 2584 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Requiem
« on: September 23, 2002, 03:39:12 PM »
Even though I haven't played Diablo 2 in ages, I still log in every now and then to keep my acocunt active and take a look around. It would appear, however, that I waited too long this time--I logged in yesterday and my characters had all expired. Most of them are free to go, and will not be missed, but one of them was special. One of them was more than just a character. I'm afraid I must with heavy heart announce the passing of Wychfire, veteran tankazon.

Wychfire was a tankazon who began life so early in the game's release that tankazon wasn't even a word yet--she was the first, and a glorious pioneer. She could stand toe to toe with the toughest bad guys in the game and whack them in the face for hours, never taking any damage as she slowly wore them down to zero life. She was something of a matriarch for all of our other characters, having existed for far longer than any of them. She was a special woman, and she will be sorely missed.

Please observe a moment of silence.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
Re: Requiem
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2002, 06:33:34 PM »
If I let all my Diablo 2 characters expire can we observe a moment of silence for them, too?

Actually, mine probably already are. I haven't checked them in ages.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2002, 06:57:10 PM »
Sure, we'll have a big ol' Diablo 2 funeral for everyone's expired characters and dead Hardcore characters.

None of them were as special as Wychfire, though :(
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2002, 10:49:39 PM »
Yeah, my necromancer Soros was pretty durned spiffy as well.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2002, 07:40:09 PM »
I've been careful to update my hardcore characters every so often, but I think most of the rest are history. Ah, my early-on Spearazon. Too bad she was intolerable to play after Blizzard nerfed Jab. Pikes and such came to be the only way to do any sort of damage, yet they were hideously slow. Maybe Fend would have worked, but by then I'd already moved on to hardcore. My best memory of playing with her is being chased around by Hephasto The Armorer in Nightmare mode back when he had Extra Strong as his default skill. My brother and I eventually killed him, but only after dying. A lot. He had Extra Fast that time as well, and we could barely keep away from him long enough to prevent his 1-hit kill hammer from descending on us.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster