Author Topic: Timesplitters 2 Mini-Review  (Read 2987 times)

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
Timesplitters 2 Mini-Review
« on: November 11, 2002, 02:56:57 AM »
Edited 11/12/02:  Deleted the mini-review, go read the full on the TWG homepage.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2002, 06:43:11 PM by Mr_Pleasington »

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Timesplitters 2 Mini-Review
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2002, 01:44:19 PM »
You know Pleasington If you give that a score and clean it up a little we can post it as a full review.  Whink...Whink
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2002, 02:04:37 PM »
I have a little time today so I might do just that.  Might be more of an overhaul than a revision though as it's not very organized.  I'll email the revision to you tonight :)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2002, 02:23:01 PM »
Sweet ;D
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2002, 11:35:41 AM »
ok your full review is up in the VG section Fellfrosch or Tage will add a link to the main page sometime this week ;D

Tage

• Level 29
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2002, 01:16:32 PM »
Fell's out of town today so I went ahead and posted it.

Very well-written review, by the way. I hope we get more from you. :)
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2002, 05:15:04 PM »
pleasington : ever played halo?
its funny. ive seen a coupla reviews of T2 for the x-box, and they all lambasted it for having poor graphics. certainly, from what ive seen, they are nothing special. ive not seen much tho.
from what i can see, it has only 1 thing i want in halo : bots. some more sp levels would be nice, but bots better.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2002, 06:42:01 PM »
I've played a little bit of Halo a while back. Good game, but I feel that Timesplitters 2 has graphics that are more my style.  I found Halo's textures very subdued...but then again I only played it once.

T2's graphics are really well done...the models are kind of cartoony, but that's something I like.  I'll have to go see what these folks are complaining about.

Something to note that I didn't mention in the review is the sound.  Normally I don't really notice the sound in a game...but I took note here.  The soundtrack is ambient and themed to each story level and very well done.  I wish I had the Neotokyo theme on CD.

Thanks for the comments all.  As of some recent developments, I believe you'll be seeing quite a few more GC reviews from me.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2002, 03:26:47 PM »
well, yet again i am forced to eat my own words.
i got Timesplitters 2 out on rental. i hate it so much, ive managed to get 2/3rds of the way thru the story, so an entire arcade (read : botmatch) league (1 of 3), and do several challenges, all in the last 2 days. so yeah, i hate it :P.
I agree with all your points pleasington. especially the neo tokyo being gay at the start - its one of those levels that are extremely easy once you know what to do. (hint : follow the hacker only until the police car passes you, then nip across the bridge. go downstairs, smash the gun shops windows and grab some goodies(do it fast, otherwise the hacker will spot you and starts shooting). run back upstairs and across the bridge towards the start until you get to a bit where there is no railing. get your radar out, jump over the side, and avoid the cameras. follow the road left(away from gun shop) until you come to a T junction. go left. avoid the camera, go into the sewer to its left. hide behind the stairs - the hacker will pass you. follow her by 30 metres. the door will remain open. go into the little booth to the left of the door - use the camera control panel. switch off the first two, then watch thru the third as the hacker activates a laptop. then go to the laptop, activate it, and go thru the door. follow mission instructions from there.)
bleh. i might as well type up a strategy guide - it shouldnt be too difficult
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2002, 03:38:48 PM »
Heh, heh...another convert :)   Glad you've taken a liking to it Entropy.  I figured the Neotokyo trick out a while back...the level is so easy if you exploit it.  I kinda put this game on hold while I beat Metroid Prime, but now I'm going to go back and beat the last few challenges that I left.  I'll be a bit rusty now though.  Eh, maybe I'll beat Metroid Prime on hard mode first  :P

Would love to see a strategy guide, though!