Author Topic: Hunter : The Reckoning Impressions  (Read 1901 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Hunter : The Reckoning Impressions
« on: December 13, 2002, 02:15:41 PM »
heh. thought id nick Mr P's format :P
got this on rental. fun little game, pretty brainless.
the RPG elements are like the nutritional elements of Mc Donalds - they are there if you look really close, but they arent anything to write home about. just a way of gradually increasing the players power feally.
What i want to know tho, is whether the game conforms to the hunter RPG. ive never read or played Hunter. ive got Vampire, and im rather confused since hunter is about zombies, which had a negligible presence in vampire (barring the Giovanni clan strongholds).
the wierd thing about H:TR is that its very heavily orientated towards multiplayer. its like Serious sam - the game can be played in single player, but its in Multiplayer Co-op mode with a bunch of mates that it comes alive. at least, i think thats what the developers meant. ill have to test the multiplayer overr the weekend.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
Re: Hunter : The Reckoning Impressions
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2002, 02:31:13 PM »
Cool.  I'd eyed this title several time myself.

Also, I own the Hunter book (last WW product I ever bought) and the game deals much more with zombies because when WW ended the Wraith line, it went out with a bang.  A ton o' spirits were kicked out of the nether regions and have started animating corpses in the good 'ole corporeal plane.  At least I think that's the gist of it.

You generally don't face many vamps or werewolves in the RPG because they would rip most characters apart.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Hunter : The Reckoning Impressions
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2002, 01:14:59 PM »
Hunter is one of the few Xbox games that we've actually gotten a review copy of...except that they accidentally sent us a debug copy instead so we couldn't play it. So that's kind of a funny little anecdote.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net