Author Topic: Star Trek Star Fleet Command Volume 3  (Read 1742 times)

Nicadymus

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Star Trek Star Fleet Command Volume 3
« on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:02 PM »
I was wondering if anyone else has had the opportunity to play this game yet.  It is not much different than Volume 2, but uses the Next Generation technology which offers a little more excitement.

The ability to customize ship weapons, sheilds, and other accessories has added an excellent logistical challenge to the game, and the ability to select different officers to upgrade your ship through their experience has been a great added benefit to the game.

My major problem with the game is that the pointer for the mouse on the screen is hardly ever complete.  In essence there is only the bottom half of the arrow.  This causes a problem when trying to select certain devices, and greatly impairs selecting sheilds for reinforcement.

One other concern that I have heard is that the only way to play the Borg Campaign is if you bought the game from Best Buy. I haven't gotten the ability to explore this aspect of the game yet as I am still working my way through it, but I would be greatly disappointed if this was the case.

All in all the game is relatively entertaining.
Boogie woogie woogie!!