Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Melee  (Read 2209 times)

trekgirl07

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
  • ~!~ Supergirl ~!~
    • View Profile
Super Smash Bros. Melee
« on: January 03, 2003, 02:22:02 PM »
[font="courier new"] What do y'all think of this game??

I think it's fun...but I kind of liked the orginal Super Smash better.  The places for battle on Melee are so different--you have to move around and jump on some places or else you'll die!  ugh.  Although, I think the new characters added to Melee are pretty awesome!!
 [/font]
"Your time will come. You will face the same evil...and you will defeat it." -Arwen

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2003, 02:26:22 PM »
I haven't gotten a chance to try Melee yet, but I loved the original Super Smash Brothers. Great game. They had some maps that included tricky footing in the earlier game too, and although it was annoying to die that way sometimes, I think it's a good addition to the game. Makes things more interesting.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2003, 04:00:45 PM »
The original was one of my all time favorite games and ate up an inordinate amount of time in college as my friends and I played four player games virtually non-stop (well, stopping for parties at least).  The reason I bought a GC was to play SSBM.  Overally, I think it's a great improvement over the original.  I've been tempted to review it here, but it's one of those games I just can't see the flaws in and so it would be more of  a gush than a review.  

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2003, 07:59:23 PM »
Go ahead and gush I say. If we don't review the best games out there, the poor lost souls that read our site might not discover them.  ;)
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2003, 02:54:39 PM »
I truly enjoyed the enhancements to the game.  I, too, spent a lot of my college time battling it out on the original version, and the new one is a great step up.  :D
Boogie woogie woogie!!

jamer_nimro

• Level 1
  • Hey gringo, check out my dingo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2003, 06:04:12 PM »
play, play, play, wipe memory card, replay, buy new game, play that, get bored play ssbm some more, get bored, invite mates over, play tournaments all night!!!
repeat process mmmm tasty first game i got on my game cube and its the one i play the most! 200 hours play time 450 hours combined multitime says it all!
hey gringo, check out my dingo!