Author Topic: NWN TWG Party?  (Read 4251 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: NWN TWG Party?
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2003, 05:48:29 PM »
I loved the witches wake.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2003, 06:15:48 PM »
What I like most about WW is you don't get exp from combat (well so far I haven't).  And it encourages you to explore and talk to people.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2003, 07:26:20 PM »
That was one of the things i didn't like. If i fight something, i want more reward than 3gp, especially when its really fugging hard like those tyranic fog zombies. The town was stupid as well. Too small - only 1 house and no support industries. I demand realistic towns damnit.

I just liked the dialogue. It was good. And those cards? Me and a friend did it as 2 evil characters over a lan, and that was fun. It seemed to say that his fighter character (betrayer) would betray my (fool or something) rogue character. I liked that. But i don't have NWN installed anymore *shrug*
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2003, 09:27:17 PM »
I think getting NO experience for combat is as silly as ONLY experience for combat. And teh dialog made it unplayable, not to mention that I've played modules that deserve their 2 out of 10 stars rating that concluded better with less time. i honestly have no interest in playing part two. It didn't leave me with anything I felt I needed. I reckon the whole thing is going to end with some massive revelation that you should have been clued in on all along. So far it's only repeated the same things all along.
I did like the original better. And Harper's Tale and the Dream Catcher campaigns were both MUCH superior to this official one. I heard also that Undrentide wasn't worth it. I'm losing faith in Bioware's ability to make a good module for their own game.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2003, 04:15:29 AM »
The only comment about Urentide i have heard was TYcho saying it was awesome.

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2003, 04:22:54 AM »
Again NWN and it's expansions are about the toolset and what you can make, not about the premade adventure.  One the toolset was done Bioware moved it's exceptional design people to KoTOR and had others make the adventures.  KoTOR proves that Bioware can still make grate games, with NWN they want you to do it.  I don't agree with that thinking (I think they should make a great adventure to go with the toolset), but some people probaly wouldn't buy the game/expansion if there was no included adventure.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2003, 09:36:49 AM »
They do want it to be like D&D that way.  (An odd thing about D&D, it's about the only RPG I've seen out there that doesn't have an intro adventure in the core books). I personally don't have time to program my own adventures, so wouldn't like NWN if there weren't adventures out there. Does Undrentide have any changes to the toolset? or just an adventure?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2003, 09:41:41 AM »
Each of the expansions add new skills, prestege classes, tilesets, models and skins.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2003, 09:42:34 AM by Spriggan »

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2003, 10:13:04 AM »
Yep, bioware sure does make some grate games. Like this one they've got coming around. The one with the chinese legends and stuff. Its name I forget. But I saw the trailer or what not, and it looks good.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo