Author Topic: Horizons: Empire of Istaria  (Read 1641 times)

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
Horizons: Empire of Istaria
« on: December 02, 2003, 01:20:55 PM »
I don't know how people feel about MMORPGs, but lately I've been looking more and more at switching from DAoC to a new game called Horizons. It's a typical fantasy MMOG, but it's big selling point is that you can play a dragon. Not like a limited half-dragon or anything, a full-fledged fire-breathing flying type dragon. Anyway, I'm still on the fence about it, but I'd like to know if anyone else is interested in playing it. Here's the official site.

http://www.istaria.com

EDIT: I found a very good article that summarizes what I think is cool about Horizons.
http://www.gamerspulse.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=GPPreviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=202
« Last Edit: December 02, 2003, 01:42:34 PM by Tage »
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
Re: Horizons: Empire of Istaria
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 01:53:30 PM »
Hmmm...looks interesting, but now that DAOC has a free trial I may have to give that a try.  FFXI is great, but I haven't had time to play it in so long.  But I think I'm hooked on MMORPGs...

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Horizons: Empire of Istaria
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 08:05:51 PM »
yes you haven't been on in a loooong time.  I'm sticking to FFXI for now.  These games take so much investment time (and that monthly fee) I don't feel comfortable playing multiple MMORPS.  So let me know how you like it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2003, 08:07:52 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.