Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI info  (Read 3847 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Final Fantasy XI info
« on: October 22, 2003, 09:05:50 AM »
This topic is for all you TWGers that are intrested/planning on playing FFXI.  It will be a sticky for a while.  I beleave me and Tage are the only ones currently plannning on playing at the start of the release.  If there are any others please post here.  So we need to decied what server we're going to play on and wich kingdom to start in.

A list of servers can be found here: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/server/index.html

and the three kingdoms are here:http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/location/
the dutchery is not a playable kingdom as of now.

a breif summery of the 3 are:
The Kingdom of San d'Oria-San D'oria home of the Elvaan. Is a kingdom of warrior and knights. Think castle and times of long past...*Middle Ages* It is a city surrounded by forest and plains and the city itself is surrounded by a wall since it is a city inside a castle. It is a place for good weapons and such

The Republic of Bastok-Bastok is the techno town. It is a place for arms and armor as well and is the home of the Hume and Galka. It is on a mountain and is surrounded by mountains and desert.

The Federation of Windurst-Windurst is the city of mages. As that states it is a place where you can get a lot of spells cheaper than anywhere else since they are just flowing with magic. It is also a city bound with nature. *think BIG TREE* It is the home of Tarutaru and Mithra.

you can switch alliance anytime but you have to make it to that kingdom wich is realy hard for characters below level 20.

I plan starting oct 29th (which is the day it arrives in stores) or 30th so I'd like to know where to make my character(s).

I'm not sure when world passes will come into effect, but it dose appear that it will start form day one.  So I'm not sure how this will affect things.   Also Square-Enix has made it so one world pass will work for 5 people.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Final Fantasy XI info
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 03:35:59 PM »
Well since your server is chosen at random (unless you have a world pass), I'm going to be the gunnipig.  So I'll post what server I'm on Wensday and then when you want to join just post here and I'll get you a world pass.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 04:44:53 PM »
Ok, a) what system is this for?
b) Do I have to pay for this?
c) Even though its FF, I'll let it go if A&B are reasonably reasonable to my likings.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2003, 05:11:30 PM »
it's for both PS2 and the PC.  You'll need a very nice PC to run it (P4 1 ghz, 32 meg video card).  And like all MMORPG's there's a monthly fee, $12 in this case.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2003, 05:44:55 PM »
bah, only way for me to get in on that now would be some sort of monthly pie sent to me. Or maybe for everything FF to be ripped from everyone's mind. That would make me too happy though. Probably enough to scare the be-jesus out of most of you.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2003, 01:11:03 PM »
Is there any particular reason this thread is stickied, Sprig?
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2003, 01:53:37 PM »
Ya I was thinking that once we start we'd have our sever and kindgom listed here so if others wanted to join us they could find the info.  I wasn't planning on keeping it sticky for more then a few months.

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2003, 03:15:54 PM »
Haha, a few months? You do realize that we are the only ones who've shown even the slightest inkling of interest in this game, right? I imagine if anyone else ever wants to play, they can just ask what server we're on.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

wolverine_men

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • GeekSpeak
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2003, 10:24:06 PM »
I have only played one FF game-it was FF IX or something and it totally ruled. So I guess I am looking forward to this one although the graphics are all that great(I've seen some screenshots).
I got one visitor today.
http://www.geekspeak.netfirms.com

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2003, 12:07:39 PM »
??? It's the best looking MMORPG on the market.  Ya it dosn't look as good as FFX but you can't send that much info over the net to keep the game running smoothly.

Oh and Tage we still need to decide where to start.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2003, 12:39:42 PM by Spriggan »

wolverine_men

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • GeekSpeak
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2003, 03:04:05 PM »
Why is this MMORPG so different from the Gazillion others that are being released everyday? Let me put it another way- why should any person, who already has an account with say two other MMORPGs pay for another one when there are only 24 hours in any given day and only so much money to spend?
I got one visitor today.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2003, 03:14:23 PM »
Well there are things that make it different then other MMORPG's, but as for switching over that just depends on what you want out of a MMORPG.  But I don't think you should unless you're sick of one of your others.  But I also think haveing two different MMORPG accounts is crazy because they cost money and there's more things to do in a day then play them, and I know how much time a person can spend playing one in any given day.

FFXI offers a differnt class system that lets you switch classes back and forth without looseing any of the levels you've gained in that class.  The world design looks better then any out yet as well as the character models.

It's dosne't have clan/guilds so if you're a person that lives for being in a clan hand haveing a rank then you'll not like it.  There's also no PVP at the moment, but it'll be added in the next few months.  It'll be somewhat like DAoC's PVP in that you can only do it in certian places.

I'm getting it because I know others that have it and I want something different then DAoC which is the only other MMORPG that TWG staff has played.  I haven't played it yet so I cannot compare it to most of the others out there, nor have I played any other MMORPG besides DAoC.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2003, 03:17:03 PM by Spriggan »

wolverine_men

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • GeekSpeak
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2003, 03:32:41 PM »
Well I guess I'll have to pass up on this one then. If there are no clans then there's no fun.
I got one visitor today.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2003, 06:50:20 PM »
Sprig, you really think it looks better than World of Warcraft? Or are you just comparing it to current games?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2003, 06:52:40 PM »
Only current ones.  It wouldn't be fair to judge it against a game that's not comming out for another year.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2003, 06:53:33 PM by Spriggan »