Author Topic: I bet this might have happened to you to before  (Read 1370 times)

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
I bet this might have happened to you to before
« on: February 02, 2004, 02:21:03 PM »
So I was playing F-Zero GX last night. Having fun racing this way and that. And its saving all nice and what not. Playing good with itself. And then... then it says that the memory card is corrupt. I'm thinking, "awesome, this is not happening. Oh well, things aren't that bad then. Only a few game's data will be lost."

But then today, I tell my roommate. He just so happens to start naming some of the games' data that were on their. And then he mentions his Zelda save file that was on there. Then I suddenly realize that I had one as well. And I was damn near far. Almost finished with the game. So now I am completely tormented by anguish of my losses that I am just realizing. Oy...
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
Re: I bet this might have happened to you to befor
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 05:07:11 PM »
Yeah...but there is a bright side...sometimes you can retrieve lost data.  It's really tricky and I completely forget how, but it worked on my gamecube memory card and it has been working ever since....

You can probably find out how somewhere on the internet, try nintendo customer service...I think it had something to do with memory transfer and relocating certain chips, or something.  It was a LONG time ago, but possible, as it worked for me...

That is the only advantage I can see to an X-box.  That won't happen to you as the memory is built in.  
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 05:09:30 PM by GorgontheWonderCow »
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!