Author Topic: Here to complain  (Read 1322 times)

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
Here to complain
« on: February 07, 2004, 12:10:18 AM »
So I'm sitting in my room, playing tetris and listening to old school Good Charlette, as their new songs suck big time.  Here I am, wating my time, as usual, increasing my real time reaction and critical thinking skills, as I have nothing better to do and it is quite amusing, when my maternal unit walks into the room.  

Now, you wouldn't think this to be such a big deal, as I don't really have to listen to her anyway and have becaome extremely good and responding to certain key words with other key phrases, simulating a conversation with her on a subcontious level, while I concentrate on my level 15, 50000 point game of tetris.  Yesir, that is a LOT OF POINTS.  Insanity.  Nearly my high.  And I was going strong, only two or so lines above the bottom of the chamber.  

But my maternal unit, being the type of person she is, decides she doesn't wanna talk.  No.  That would be toooooooooo easy.  Instead, she wishes to torture me in a fire pit of doom and pain which can only be described as the devil's punishment.  So she decides to switch on my light.  You wouldn't think this is such a big deal, as a light is not a big problem.

HOWEVER, what she did was just moronic.  I have my lightswitch taped up as so people wont flick it off.  It just makes sense that way, as EVERY ELECTRICAL DEVICE I HAVE IN MY ROOM IS HOOKED UP TO IT EXCEPT my light.  My light is by my bed, on the other side of my room.  I have told her consitantly not to flick it, as it erases all my high scores.  

So she walks in, flicks my lightswitch several times and walks away with nothing more than a," you should tape that light switch up if you don't want me flicking it.  I DID UNTIL YOU CAME ALONG AND TOOK IT OFF AN FLICKED THE SWITCH IN ONE CLEAN MOTION!!!  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

So here I am now, thinking about how I'll have to go and restart my game and try to get another 50000 points in the situation I was in, which I can probably do without a whole lot of difficulty, as 38000 is around my average, but it still turks me off.  Sometimes parents I swear...
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Here to complain
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 02:32:30 AM »
wah.
Like you won't enjoy getting the high scores again.
it's like my friend told me when we were doing tech support for MS. "On the outside, you complain when something goes wrong with your computer. But if you're a geek, on the inside, you're going 'YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!'"

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004, 10:39:27 PM »
Wow.  Me thinks your friend has some a freaky theory there.  But, you are right.  A few minuites after I posted I grumbled my way back upstairs and got about 70000 points, thought about how geeky it is to play tetris for hours on end, and went to bed.  I'm not so sore about it now, but I still don't understand how she messes up the simplest of instructions.  I mean, it's a switch which you are not to flick, in a room you never enter.  How hard should this be?
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2004, 11:50:30 PM »
she's a mom. You'll eventually forgive her.