Author Topic: Silent Storm...  (Read 6422 times)

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
Re: Silent Storm...
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2004, 10:33:01 PM »
you would...hehehe...I like the mental image too, though.  SLICE!!!  and the dog has a few new bones to chew...
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Onion of Death

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2004, 10:38:41 PM »
That makes my theory about the Russians possibly taking over the world in the next 20 years. Anyone who using small animals as high-yield explosive devices should be crowned Emperor of the World. Or, even better, God.
Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2004, 10:52:04 PM »
That is my position and you friggin' know it.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Onion of Death

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2004, 08:56:01 PM »
So today I threw a grenade at a crowded group of enemies. One of the soldiers who was hit flew threw the air, hit his one of his comrades, knocked him to the ground, and died. I have never seen anything so glorious ever before in my life.

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2004, 02:02:01 PM »
So, did anyone else enter?
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2004, 03:28:30 PM »
I flaked, actually. Partially because we celebrated my daughter's birthday last night, and I was down, and I had to pound my wife's Egyptian forces into the ground

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2004, 03:42:24 PM »
Well, here's to hoping I was the only one.  Instead of coming up with something new, I pulled out the outline of a historical novel I was working on two and ahalf years ago.  I was amazed at how much it sucks.  It's very unimaginative and derivative, and if anyone else entered, I'm sure I would lose.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2004, 01:13:49 PM »
I wrote mine up, but my computer crashed when I tried to save it.  I had school the next day so I decided I would just go over to onion's house and play his copy whenever I wanted too as compared to not being able to get up the next morning...
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

Onion of Death

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2004, 01:34:39 PM »
No. There will be no coming to my house and playing any of my games. So there. HA!

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2004, 01:37:39 PM »
You know that is an incorrect statement.  I demand you take it back or I will smite you in several spontanious duels.  And start checking your friggin' inbox.
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2004, 03:44:04 PM »
For those interested, the winner of the Silent Storm contest was...House of Mustard! Don't cry nepotism: he won because he was the only entrant. Here I am giving out free games and only one guy can get off his duff and ask for it. You've got another shot with Spellforce, so I expect a lot of entries. Go team!
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2004, 10:52:54 PM »
probaly the main reason you only got one entrie is that the contest was very unfriendly to the casual browser/viewer, and so is this current one.  You might get more submissions this time becasue the topic isn't as strange and time consumeing, but still you're asking people to spend a few hours doing something to qualify for the contest.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2004, 11:05:28 PM »
Wah wah. We're giving out a $50 game here, I think a few hours of works is hardly out of the question. I admit that the last contest was a little wacky, but webcomic reviews? Anyone can do that.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2004, 11:15:59 PM »
eh, I think that defeats the point of contests, which is to draw attentoin to the site.  The most work I've ever seen a videogame website require for people to enter a contenst is to fill out a survey. I do think most people (ie the ones that come to the site, but don;t hang around in the forum) will be turned off by it.  But it's your site and you can do what you want.  But might I suggest you actualy require the reviews be of a comic not in our database and be a certain length.  How the rules are now I can write one that's 10 sentences long and be entered into the contest.  You should also say how the winner will be determined (ie randomly, voted on ect).  For one thing it help us in the event a staff member wins and other people had entered loose then cry foul.  and second you know what you, as the contest supervisor, is expecting from the entries.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2004, 07:34:03 AM »
well, he did recommmend either following the established format or to cover the basics really well. He did also already state the criteria: completeness, insightfulness, and entertaining value.