Author Topic: Games i am playing  (Read 1210 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Games i am playing
« on: February 18, 2004, 04:37:44 PM »
So as you know, i bought myself an unspeakably powerful PC. I'm probably running on ones they use in Nasa. So i have been treating myself to the playing of computer games, as is my wont.

I have been playing a lot of the Unreal Tournament 2004 demo. I like it. I like it so much, i pre-ordered it from Amazon. Good stuff. The raptor is fun to fly, but pretty crap at actually killing stuff. The guns are beefy and good, the maps in the demo are well designed and very cool, and the graphics are pretty yummy. It has voice comm built in, but nobody uses it. Go figure. The new Onslaught game type is very good - its like Battlefields conquest mode, but you can only capture the control points in a certain order, so it concentrates the fighting a lot more. Battlefield tends to make you run for miles until you get to shoot anything. And you win the round by destroying the enemy generator, at the end of the chain of control points, so it prevents the tedious thing in battlefield where one team has won, pretty much, but the other team has 1 guy left who captures another point somewhere where noone is, making it into a game of constantly running from one end of the map to the other.

NWN i have been playing with a friend using Team speak 2 for voice comm. Blazing through the original campaign, of course. The new spells in the expansions are very tasty.

In terms of Battlefield, i have been playing Wasteland and the new Eve of Destruction beta 0.3 (fileplanet subscribers only, natch) and Pirates. Wasteland is a very mad-maxish post apocalyptic mod with lots of insane vehicles and crossbows. It has molotov cocktails as well. The maps, however, are really poo. Far too big for when servers usually only have 8 a side.  Eve of Destruction is a vietnam mod, which looks pretty decent. Of the 3 maps i have seen, 1 is a utter turd, another was an awesome little jungle battle, and another was a pretty good big map. Battlefield pirates is a bit wierd. It has muskets, sailing ships, and maps full of water. Funny thing is it still has parachutes, so you can jump off the top of one ship and parachute onto an enemy one and shoot its captain. Funny stuff.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

wolverine_men

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • GeekSpeak
Re: Games i am playing
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 07:37:53 PM »
Has anyone played Gothic2 yet? No- not the German version.
I got one visitor today.
http://www.geekspeak.netfirms.com

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Games i am playing
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 03:12:59 AM »
Sadly I haven't had much time to play Video games lately.  I still have 6 PS2 games that I bought this year that I have yet to finish.  I also need to get KOTR, but since my soundcard is bust I haven't wanted to get any PC games.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.