Author Topic: Staff Changes  (Read 10509 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Staff Changes
« on: March 31, 2006, 03:01:31 PM »
After so many years, it's a sad day when we have to let one of our most prolific writers and editors go. The truth is, however, that SE has reached a point where our creative differences are simply too great to continue working together. His ideas for a fundamentalist Christian review site are certain to find an audience somewhere on the Internet, because some people will read anything, but that place is not here. We will continue to bring you quality gaming articles and movie reviews untinted by ridiculous claims and religious paranoia.

With SE gone, the position of Editor will be filled by Spriggan. I know he's not the best proofreader (by far), but he'll get articles posted on time, and he won't try to flood us with his born-again claptrap.

I hope that we can put all of this behind us and move on with our cheerful lives.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Staff Changes
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 03:08:02 PM »
I just want people to know that I'm only going to post, format and organize articles, I know the thought of me "editing" things scares most people, so if people could take the extra measure when proof reading for now on it would be appreciated.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 03:11:07 PM »
sure chief.
/me adjusts the knife in his back a little to make it more comfortable to sit in his chair

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 03:14:14 PM »
Well listen SE, most people know I've never been happy with you as an editor from the get go.  First you wine and complain about how TWG had "stolen" your cool stuff thread then come bounding back a few years latter begging for a job and get it.  Now it's the way it should be, I've been here longer then you and deserve to be here.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 03:16:12 PM »
are you still talking?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 03:17:20 PM »
Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 03:38:24 PM »
So why is everyone being so ridiculous and dramatic again? I mean talking about spoiling TWG's good reputation, this just looks stupid. Its pretty obvious that everyone is reacting out of anger and seriously jeprodizing real friendships over it. The worse part is that no one is willing to talk or resolve their issues.

Honestly everyone should just backtrack about two days... chill out and discuss it like men and not children. From what I've seen there isnt any real issue between you two except a persons choice in articles. This is an issue that doesnt have to fracture years of friendship.

Plus theres no reason to be spiteful, Fell I know your a better person than that. Your not the kind of person to attack someone and call them paranoid.

The current resolution to "fire" E just looks spiteful and truth be told a little self serving. It also ignores the huge amount of work he's put into the site, from editing articles, to adding html, to posting pretty regularly. He's also written a ton of reviews, articles and columns. People don't hate him on the board either, though he can ruffle a few feathers.

So again why cant you guys cool off and talk about this somewhere else.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 05:02:16 PM »
LOCKED!
For those of you who missed it, this was fake. We love you guys.