Author Topic: Alternative Way to Play Magic Online  (Read 3704 times)

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative Way to Play Magic Online
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2004, 06:50:05 PM »
I generally go to www.moxdiamond.com if I want to search for cards. It's got a few quirks like most search engines, but I got used to them if nothing else. Sadly the ease-of-use has decreased over time, but it still serves my needs admirably. (Hint: use mostly the text search line and the selection menus. The creature type line is worthless.)
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
Re: Alternative Way to Play Magic Online
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2004, 07:23:33 PM »
Hehhe. Boom alright.

As an online table, it's excellent. It's fast, pretty, and easy to use. It also let's you slap the other players.

You're supposed to be able to connect directly, but there are a lot of firewall and network problems that requrie reconfiguring routers and switches, and I didn't have the password to mine.

Luckily, there is a chat room to meet people to play with, and on this chat room, people regularly give out addresses of public servers to connect to. Thanks to that, we were able to play, and also able to meet the aforementioned undesireables. (An annoying guy with a broken deck, who didn't actually know what any of his cards did.)
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy