Author Topic: Star Wars Battlegrounds  (Read 1209 times)

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
Star Wars Battlegrounds
« on: October 13, 2004, 08:48:36 PM »
So I've been playing this game and it's actually a lot of fun. The characters are all very well balanced, and the levels are small, but fun. The vehicles aren't so awesome that they'll just ruin a level. They are at a stage where one can take out troops with ease, until someone gets the bright idea to blast you with some rockets.

I LOVE the loading screen. You start with a picture of the galaxy. It does the little latitude and longitude line finding thing. Zooms in on a planet. Again with the lat and long, then a close up on the planets surface. Finally the lat and long thing, and bam, you're at the character select screen and the battle is ready to go. It's a lot faster than Battlefield and is actually quite impressive.

I have found one glitch with the game, and that's with one of the Tatooine levels. No matter what side you are, you can't actually choose a spawn location to spawn to and start killing things. Which then results in your loss.

Galactic Conquest mode is pretty cool. You choose a side, and start taking over planets. The first time you win a battle on a planet the planet is then "neutral." After another win the planet is then under your control. Once you control a planet you can get some neat add-ons for battles. Like Added Reinforcements, Bacta Tanks (which regens units over time), and radar jammer.

I have no idea what the Jedi's purpose is really for other than cannon fodder. But overall, this game is one strikingly cool game. Most of the time.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Dex1138

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Resident Star Wars Geek
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
Re: Star Wars Battlegrounds
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 09:57:02 AM »
I'm finally starting to get the hang of piloting ships with my mouse and keyboard. I'm doing a lot less crashing and blowing up now, but still bouncing off things :)
I like the alternate views (default: q) you can get from the vehicles and even the turrets.
The only problems I've had in MP is when the server isn't set to force you to choose a side. It seems people will always join the larger force if they have a choice. I came into one map where it was 15 against 3.
Hopefully an upcoming patch will do something with the ingame server browser too, that's got to be the worst one I've ever seen. Thank jeebus for Gamespy