Author Topic: Guild Wars--Free for 4 days  (Read 1378 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Guild Wars--Free for 4 days
« on: May 11, 2004, 09:39:30 AM »
For those of you that don't know Guild wars is a MMORPG that is being done by some ex-blizzard and bioware people (the guys that developed battle.net).  The game has no monthly fee at all (like diablo 2) and while its not comming out till the end of the year the game's beta server is being run during E3 for demo purposes.  So Arena.net is makeing the game free for this week only so we all can enjoy it.

You can get it here http://www.guildwars.com/e3-2004/e3-event_client-download.html

Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Guild Wars--Free for 4 days
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 09:51:25 AM »
Whoot just made a necromancer/elementalist  (you combine two classes when you create a character).  If you play, post your characters name here so we can easly add each other to our chat lists.

this character is Tuloar Kalen
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 10:15:25 AM »
I made a warrior/monk named Hjarl Madeyes
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 12:57:39 PM »
it doesnt work on macs does it?
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 02:53:36 PM »
nevermind...
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2004, 10:47:24 PM »
I have to say, once you get into doing the missions the game gets realy fun.  Me and some guys had to scout out an army then the army started chaseing us (we had to make it back to the camp withing a certain amount of time), then we had to go retake a retaining wall the enemy had captured.  It gets pretty chalenging.  You can't level in the game(you're locked at lvl 15 for the E3 preview), but you can earn skill points and get new skills/spells.  Even at this early of a build this game is pretty fun, I have a feeling this game is going to be pretty popular.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2004, 11:17:16 PM by Spriggan »

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 09:33:41 AM »
Wow this demo is huge, after about 8-10 hours of play I still haven't done everything.  Honestly if you haven't tried it you there are still 2 days left.  I'll probaly be playing this latter tonight so if you want to group with me just post here.  I'll also be posting some screenshots (I need to convert them to JPGS since they're taken as BMPs) and giveing a more through explination of the game and my thoughts on it too.

The only bad thing I have to say (and this is just a restriction of the Demo) is that you cannot level in the game, you can learn new skills and spells, and this makes playing the game for long periods of time and soloing less intresting then the group missions.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 09:35:08 AM by Spriggan »

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2004, 04:53:11 AM »
Well they're doing another free preview for the game, only 3 days this time though.

http://www.guildwars.com/preview/wpe-clientdownload.html

I'll be playing it. I enjoyed it enough when i played the version that had at E3 that I want to see how it's progressed.   Consider it a 3D Diablo where you can mix-match different class trees (it's made by some former Blizz people who worked on the Diablo series).

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2004, 05:00:36 AM »
Sweet, I just loged on and found my original characters still on the server.  My Necro lives!