Author Topic: Anarchy Online free for 1 year  (Read 2864 times)

n8sumsion

Anarchy Online free for 1 year
« on: December 15, 2004, 07:34:06 PM »
Funcom announced that anyone who wants to play their sci-fi MMORPG Anarchy Online can play for free for the next year. If you sign up between now and January 15th, they will let you play the basic game (this does not include their expansions) for free until 2006. If you want to play with any of the expansions included, then you'll need to pay the subscription cost.

I imagine the virtual worlds must be near-desolate with the release of EQ2 and WOW. Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.anarchy-online.com/free/ad_campaigns/freecampaign/

Now the big question is: anyone played this game? Is it worth playing it, even if there's no cost involved? My roommate was playing the beta, and I created a character in the beta. The character creation system was nice, but it was SOO buggy on release I never bothered to play it. However, I understand it improved quite a bit.

Anyway, if you're wanting to play an online massive-multiplayer game, but you didn't want to pay for the privilege each month, here's your chance.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 07:34:27 PM by n8sumsion »

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: Anarchy Online free for 1 year
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 08:21:29 PM »
Well, despite just renewing my CoH subscription, i think i'll try this - i tried it once, back when it was first released, and i'm curious to see how its fared.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 09:27:04 AM »
ARGH. Nee.... more.... RAM....!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 09:34:49 AM »
Anarchy was the worst MMO game at release time, it wasn't even playable (most sites gave it 4 out of 10).  Then the developers realy stepped up and made it a good game, from what I've been told.  It's got lots of outfits for charactets (more then CoH, though, unlike that game you don't start out that way.  Have to find all the equipment you like).  I think the plan they have is insteresting, since you'll eventualy want the expansion packs since they add a lot to the game.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 08:01:50 AM »
Hey, since I don't really want to give them my name and address and such (and neither do my parents), could one of you guys make an account for me? Archon or TheMasterArchon for a name, and my email is in my profile.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 08:39:05 AM »
just use a fake name and use this as the address:

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004, 06:10:55 PM »
Well if anyone is playing this i'm Frayl, an Omni-Tek Fixer on the first server. Look me up.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Onion of Death

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 12:16:54 AM »
I'm downloading it right now. BitTorrent is moving so slow...
Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum.

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 02:18:25 AM »
I have a Martial Artist, Tyfian, and an Agent, Cytharion.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2004, 01:22:28 PM »
Uh.. you only need 128 ram for AO Saint...

Fellfrosch

Onion of Death

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2004, 06:41:23 PM »
What did you all choose for the credit card option?
Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum.

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2004, 07:36:19 PM »
Don't put any of that in or they will assume that you didnt know about the deal and bill you for it.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2004, 08:04:41 PM »
Someone has suspicious tendencies :D

Fellfrosch

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2004, 08:56:09 PM »
Not to disagree with you, but I think that they said that somewhere when you were signing up.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2004, 09:35:34 PM »
If you don't cancel your account by the end of the year, yes. Which is what ALL MMORPG deals are like.

Fellfrosch