Author Topic: TWG WoW.  Time to Decide  (Read 8770 times)

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
Re: TWG WoW.  Time to Decide
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2004, 08:11:04 PM »
So it's Thursday night at 11 PM Mountain (eek!) with characters that are roughly lvl 6. Works for me.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2004, 12:51:52 PM »
Is your brother coming too, Prometheus? That's a lot of dwarves. We need someone to play a human girl and be snow white.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2004, 12:56:43 PM »
My character's name is Molric.  Finally remembered it.

Played him a bit last night and accidently got to level 7.  I'll stop and wait until Thursday.  I'll be waiting in Kharnath (spelled wrong, I'm sure, it's the first city after the one you spawn at).

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2004, 01:56:43 PM »
Level 7 is probably fine. It seems like a lot when you're low level, but after you gain a couple more levels it won't seem to matter much, especially as the gap in hard XP decreases. I just barely got my dwarf Throgrim to Kharanos (? I think it's right this time) and parked him in the inn to gain rested state. He's probably soaked in good dwarven ale by now.

I haven't asked my brother about it yet, but he's heading up to Canada with his wife for Christmas on Thursday, so he'll probably be somewhere between Idaho and nowhere when we start playing. That, and with the possibility of Tage joining the party, I figured it was a non-issue. Have we gotten a yes/no answer on that yet?

I was going over the dwarven Paladin talents, and as far as long-range planning goes, we'll want at least one of our Paladins to go to the top of the Retribution tree for Blessing of Kings. An additional 10% to all primary stats for 5 minutes is *very* good. The Retribution tree is tempting already for the Consecration area of effect attack already. The other Paladin should likely look at the Defensive tree for their primary investments for the improved Seal of Fury to help with tanking, and since with the sheer bulk healing we'll have available, we probably don't need anyone in the Holy tree specialization aside from a few pick-up talents. We don't have to follow that plan, of course, but it makes a lot of sense to me. I could probably be talked into doing either one.

Yes, I have been bored at work.

If you want to see what I'm talking about, the best talent calculator I've found so far (and the one I'm using) is at wowvault.ign.com. Their skills section isn't incredibly up-to-date...I've started going to www.thottbot.com for that.

If people want to do more detailed party planning, we should probably start a new thread for it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 02:01:11 PM by Prometheus »
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2004, 04:13:40 PM »
I'm not overly worried about planning our party, but I suppose that planning out paladin specialties is a good idea.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2004, 04:30:53 PM »
I didn't figure most people would be, so I didn't start a thread for it myself and left that decision up to others. That, and like I said, I'm bored at work and have time to figure some of these things out. Since we're going to have at least two paladins, that does get more important like you said. Having two paladins with maxed out devotion aura or blessing of might ect would be pretty useless.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 04:31:52 PM by Prometheus »

Nytwalker

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I don't do THOSE kinds of photos.
    • View Profile
    • Eyeris Images
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2004, 08:51:24 PM »
Hello all, Fell talked to me today, i created a  Dwarf rogue on CC today, his name is Anvel.

Edit: I made him an herbalist/alchemist

My main is on Nathrezim (PVP-Mountain time).  He is an Orc Hunter named Talos.  Alts are:

Fiera, Naerom, Rhuine, Brujo, Sesino, Dred

In case anyone wants to join me  :)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 09:56:21 PM by Nytwalker »

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2004, 05:16:30 PM »
So two Paladins, a Priest, a Hunter, and a Rogue? Not too bad. See you guys in Kharanos late on Thursday. I've got a Druid, a Rogue, and my Mage to work with until then.

Party names so far:

Anvel (Nytwalker), Throgrim (Prometheus), Molric (Mr. P), Bávorr (Spriggan)

Tradeskills claimed so far:

Fellfrosch's dwarf (skinning/leatherworking), Anvel (herbalism/alchemy), Molric (mining/smithing)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 03:09:25 AM by Prometheus »

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2004, 07:01:30 PM »
I'll take mining/smithing

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2004, 08:14:09 PM »
Sprig is Bavorr or something similar; it's earlier in the thread. I'm hoping for Torvald, but we'll see if it's available.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2004, 01:32:35 AM »
just add an accent if you cannot get that name.

And incedently it's Bávorr

Also I cannot be on, because of work, at 11.  I can be on before 10:30 and after Midnight, but not for that hour and a half.  Also I don't know how late Mr. P will be able to play, since 11 is mignight his time.  Isn't there a way to do this earlier?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 03:12:57 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2004, 03:18:56 AM »
Not for me. I can try to get on earlier, but the odds are remarkably slim. The rest of you are free to get on earlier if you want, and if I don't make then I don't make it. Torvald is kind of a loner anyway.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2004, 03:30:32 AM »
I'll do my best to be on from midnight to one, but then I probably have to sleep.

You all should move to CST.   ;D

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2004, 05:08:57 PM »
I'm going to try getting a nap in before 11 PM tonight so that I can participate better. I only need to work the next day, right?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2004, 12:18:25 AM »
Well,I'm going to be on for the next hour trying to decided a trade skill.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.