Author Topic: WoW:  Guild Searchin' and Stuff  (Read 1448 times)

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
WoW:  Guild Searchin' and Stuff
« on: January 11, 2005, 01:15:07 AM »
So I started playing an Undead Warlock on Kilrogg and have been having a blast with it.  Way more fun than my NE warrior.  The problem is that I know no one who plays Horde on Kilrogg and I'm such a solo machine that I rarely need to group.

It's frustrating as I'd like to join a guild, but have no prospects.  I'm like the wallflower at the prom.

Sigh.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: WoW:  Guild Searchin' and Stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 04:33:34 AM »
Getting into a guild if you don't play much can be hard to get into sometimes.  And on the PvP servers they're usealy more picky about players.  Of course most servers have the "zerg" guilds, ie ones that invite everyone they can (Goon Squad boasts over 800 members on their horde side).  One thing to do is check the guild forums and server forums on Blizzards site, regulary guilds posts their looking on those boards.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 03:56:01 AM »
So I've looked everywhere and can't figure out how, when you're chatting in WoW, to post the quest name and level like people do.  There was to be some command I'm missing but the manual and the site give me no help.

Sprig?  Prom? Fell?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 03:58:18 AM »
You can shift-click, like linking an item, on the quest name in the logbook to get it to show in the chat.  However, to get the level of they quest to appear you need Cosmos.  Which is a 3rd party custom UI.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 03:58:39 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 06:57:34 AM »
Do you use it Sprig?!
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 07:04:21 AM »
No I don't use Cosmos.  But it's moastly because it has more features then I care about, I've got a much simpler UI that just adds extra quick bars along the bottom and sides of the screen.  The reason why I don't use Cosmos is that it's got lots of plug-ins and when ever Blizz releases a new patch Cosmos stops working till the developers of it get everything updated to the new patch code.  Usealy this just involves changeing a few lines of code in each of the files.  The reason Blizz requires you do do this is so hacks and bot programs become less efficent since most people don't know how to do it.

I do know what needs to be changed so I manage it myself, and I prefer to just change 3 files instead of 20-30+.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 07:04:51 AM by Spriggan »