Author Topic: A Troubled And Disturbed WoW User  (Read 6640 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: A Troubled And Disturbed WoW User
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2005, 11:58:58 PM »
I'm on a medium load server (it rarely gets high) and I get most of thier problems.  It seams only the lowest population servers have no problems.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2005, 02:34:58 AM »
Well I'll join the chorus of frustration today.  I had all day off, just wanted to level a bit and what do I find...ques.

I hope this is a band aid only used because the tech guys had the day off today.   I don't have time to wait in line to play.  If this doesn't go away, I will.

I have faith this is only temporary.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2005, 03:20:20 AM »
They said it was, I had to wait an hour today to log in.  There has been no official statment as to why there are queues for the holidays other then "it's to keep servers from crashing".  I agree that sometimes its ok if its temporary, but as I stated before. the servers are less stable then in CB.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2005, 11:17:12 AM »
I had some crazy lag last night when I flew to the Crossroads and landed in the middle of an Alliance raid; Prometheus logged in to the Crossroads right at the same time, so he got a bit of it too. I've never had trouble logging in, though. Maybe that's because I play so late at night.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2005, 03:20:17 PM »
No problems experienced with logins on Cenarion Circle. The lag was nothing new either...just extreme due to the dumb raid...I get a lesser version of it everytime I go inside the Auction House.

Our server rocks, Fell.  ;D

This wasn't the designated thread for it, but I thought I'd mention that I still have a level 6 dwarf paladin on CC that's ready for a TWG party. My brother could probably join if someone can't come or otherwise won't be there. People are still interested, quiaff?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 03:20:47 PM by Prometheus »
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2005, 04:31:41 PM »
My hunter is still ready to go, but I think by now people are mostly interested in their main characters. There's also the issue of time--I play every day now, very consistently, but not until pretty late at night. Still, if we could get a group together I wouldn't say no.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2005, 08:53:44 PM »
I'm not so "focuesed" on my main that I wouldn't want to play with friends.  Heck, by the time you get to lvl 50 you get sick of the same character.  Heck I've got a lvl 8 alliance mage on CC and was thinking of makeing a horde character on CC so as to play with TWGers.  I still think we need to get a guild going, so we know when we're all logged on.

As for CC not being laggy or log in problems, I think the reason Hyjal has those problems is becasue it shares a database cluster with some of the more populated servers.  CC is one of the newiest servers so it dosen't share a DB with any high population servers.  And since Blizz posted that the Queue was mostly a DB problem it makes sence.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2005, 11:42:16 PM »
Heh, Gamespot posted an article on this.  My favorite part is how they refer to "an editor and Penny arcade" and then tell about Tyco's complaint about WoW and he removeing WoW from their top 10 games list.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/18/news_6116566.html

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2005, 01:29:56 AM »
I'm not so "focuesed" on my main that I wouldn't want to play with friends.  Heck, by the time you get to lvl 50 you get sick of the same character.  Heck I've got a lvl 8 alliance mage on CC and was thinking of makeing a horde character on CC so as to play with TWGers.  I still think we need to get a guild going, so we know when we're all logged on.

As for CC not being laggy or log in problems, I think the reason Hyjal has those problems is becasue it shares a database cluster with some of the more populated servers.  CC is one of the newiest servers so it dosen't share a DB with any high population servers.  And since Blizz posted that the Queue was mostly a DB problem it makes sence.

I'm all for getting a guild going.  My other guilded alliance character is in a rough spot right now...low population zone and I need a group.  Plus my guild is on another continent mainly.

I would happily do either Horde or Alliance on CC.  I could use my Paladin if we still wanted to do all Dwarf, or I could easily make something else.  Lot's of combos I haven't yet tried.

Let me know the what's and when's and I'll be all over it.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2005, 11:21:03 AM »
I can play pretty much any night starting at 10:30pm MTN time. You guys just let me know, and Torvald the dwarven hunter will be happy to shoot things for you. And make you leather armor (eventually).

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2005, 11:56:54 AM »
Here's what I'd be willing to play:

Stick with our Dwarven Party
Tauren Hunter
Tauren Druid
Human Mage
Human Priest
Human Warlock (maybe...my undead warlock is fun but I don't know if I'd want to play another one).

Just let me know so I know what to focus on.

Oseleon

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Wie Fieles Russlander Fur Ein Panzer Halten?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2005, 05:21:47 PM »
I play alliance on Skullcrusher.  
(look me up, Human paladan named Eorl)

I often find a que when I try and join in Prime time.  Last night it was 127 but I was on in under 4 minutes.  

Durring an outage, we (My Guild) Rolled some Horde on Gorfiend (Low populatiuon East Coast)
(look me up Snaga, Scatha, Narash)  
We never see an issue with Gorfiend

I guess WoW is a victim of too much sucess too fast and bad load balancing
(FFXII Got around this by requiring you to go to what server they told you to use and earn a "world pass" to invite your friends onto your server)

I think that the best option would be to offer the opportunity to move your Chars to Low pop servers and keep your level/loot Offer it for 1 week only and to SPECIFIC Low pop servers only.  

Then again, The disruption in game economy/databasemanagement and interface design for such a process would probabaly take as much work as fixing the servers as they are... so I could be wrong.  I wouldnt know unless I got a chance to see the environment
Alles!!!

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2005, 08:40:23 PM »
Removing a game award for a weekend of poor service on some servers? Give me a break. I would have trouble believing most things that would reduce my estimation of the award more than something like that.

Whatever.

I'll be on Alliance tonight...but I'm not 100% on which character I'll be using. I'll be in the twg channel either way, though. Tonight sounds great to me.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2005, 09:10:31 PM »
prom, it's not just a weekend they're complaining about, it's because they ALWAYS have that problem. They complain about it a lot in their rants. A game you can't play is a game that doesnt' deserve an award.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2005, 10:00:06 PM »
ya. there have been 15 or so servers that have had these same problems since release, and the reason PA removed the award is:
1) They have yet to fix the servers well after 2 months after release.
2) They never tell us anything about what's going on.  Blizz has had pretty poor custmor service with WoW, and it dosen't help that their Community team never has any info becsue Blizz dosen't tell them anything.